Mathijs Kok

F-14 X versus F-14 X Extended

76 posts in this topic

The F-14X is the best FSX/ P3D addon aircraft there is. Now you guys are releasing an even better version of it. Outstanding job!!!

Thank you for working on all these systems. The F-14 will always be my favorite jet to fly It really is an iconic aircraft with an outstanding record.

Very Niiice!!!!  (LSO)

I can't wait.

It probably goes without saying that this is probably how the 70's and 80's Tomcat Community felt about the B-model and how the 90's guys felt about the D-model. So, the anxiety I feel about getting to employ this legend of Naval Aviation to its fullest capability should reflect how we still feel about your original model - otherwise, we wouldn't be here.

Thanks for all your hard work, dedication and commitment - past and present.

-Shado

Thank you Mr.Kok and the hard working team for your devotion to this product and for being so kind to provide us with this highly respected upgrade.

Indeed, so many coding man-hours deserve at least the upgrade of its designation. The best thing is that we're in fact provided with it for free !!!

This isn't the norm and this exception is highly appreciated

All customers of the initial release will get this version without any additional costs. They will find the new version on their order history page.

What about DVD customers?  I don't have anything in my order history page.

Will those of use who purchased it through resellers such as pcaviator.com.au also have this available for download?

I will always remember these magnificent aircraft flying over our ship when we worked with the different carrier battle groups in the NWIO in 1981. 

Great work BTW guys.

I bought this product from Fspilotshop.How do I get the update?
Stan

I got a feeling we won't be expecting this as promised?... In that respect again take your time I'll be patient all be it as it may.

hope the manual will be easy to conprehend and intuitive. Thanks for such a great product. Remember don't work to hard, work smart.

Reffering to dc10boy question I too bought Tomcat from reseller - flightsimstore.com. Should we expect that our shops will provide new version to download or You provde us new install file or maybe should we register our copies on aerosoft portal (if yes how?)?

I've had my F14x over a year now. So you are saying I have to pay for the update because I didnt buy it when it first came out???

7 minutes ago, MikeNcali said:

I've had my F14x over a year now. So you are saying I have to pay for the update because I didnt buy it when it first came out???

Don't get your knickers in a twist...

Initial Release = Aerosoft F-14X (without the word "Extended" in the title.)

That means everyone who bought it before the pending update gets it for free. After release of the pending update, the product becomes Aerosoft F-14X Extended. Anyone who buys it after the update will get the the product with that title.

ggerman I understand Mathijs in the same manner but the question is HOW ppl who bought F-14 from resellers wil get access to new release? 

Usually you will get the new version from the reseller where you bought it.

I purchased my F-14X Direct from Aerosoft will the update be in my download-Shop account?

So far....no updates on history page.  Is there a glitch?

I'm assuming they will let us know when it will be available on the Aerosoft download-Shop?

50 minutes ago, arbee said:

So far....no updates on history page.  Is there a glitch?

From the 1.20 preview thread

So I hate to be the bearer of a little bad news, but we're looking at a couple day delay.

Marhijs has a personal matter that's going  to keep him offline until the weekend and I have an out of state speaking engagement at a conference. The timing of the v3.2 patch was just right (wrong), to cause us to take a step back and get out of sync for a release today.

All the models were rebuilt with the v3.2 SDK last night and are in the hands of the testers. Even further, we have been testing and debugging the installer to make sure all the files land in the right places. This isn't trivial since we're making the F-14 compatible with five versions of MSFS and P3D.

With all that said, at this point there are no issues reported, so we should be releasing quickly once Mathijs is back online.

Is it to late in the update design process to ask for a functional ejection seat  somewhat like in the VRS F/A-18E? I would pay for the extra safety feature. :rolleyes:

On 3/11/2016 at 8:12 PM, LT StarBuck 107 said:

Is it to late in the update design process to ask for a functional ejection seat  somewhat like in the VRS F/A-18E? I would pay for the extra safety feature. :rolleyes:

Sorry won't happen. The moment you jump our of the aircraft it's not really a flight simulator any more.

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Sorry won't happen. The moment you jump our of the aircraft it's not really a flight simulator any more.

Thats ok I'll just simulate the injection process.

I know it's way too late, but has anyone asked or addressed the NWS turn radius?  I get about 30° of deflection. 1) Is that about right? 2) If this has already been asked & answered can someone kindly point me to the correct forum post?

10 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

So the ejection seat is broken eh.:rolleyes:

9 hours ago, VCVW11-SHADO said:

I know it's way too late, but has anyone asked or addressed the NWS turn radius?  I get about 30° of deflection. 1) Is that about right? 2) If this has already been asked & answered can someone kindly point me to the correct forum post?

Yes it has been noted. I get by with differential braking using CH Pro pedals.