Anybody using Windows 10?

I upgraded to Windows 10 Pro just the other day, it's great, but my last two flights I have ran out of memory (the last one was a full CTD). I never get OOM's, especially with the Airbus. I'm trying to figure out if it is the update 1.30f having an issue with Windows 10, an ACARS I started using at the same time, or possibly something else. If anybody is using Windows 10 and the latest hotfix 1.30f without an OOM issue I'd be relieved to know it is something else I can focus on.

EDIT: I want to mention, this has happened on flights in duration of 2:45 - 3:15, which seems pretty quick for an OOM, as if there is a memory leak. The rare OOM's I have had in the past were always on long flights in the 8-9+ hour range with scenerys enabled.

Thanks!

At this moment I'm using the Airbus with FSX on Win 10, and everything is fine. By the way, are you using P3Dv2? I've heard some problems with that simulator related to OOM's

The OOMs problem with P3D is usually caused by people adding tons of add on scenery, until it basically breaks the back of P3D due to the memory being overloaded. I have not had one OOM in hundreds and hundreds of hours of flying P3D. 

At this moment I'm using the Airbus with FSX on Win 10, and everything is fine. By the way, are you using P3Dv2? I've heard some problems with that simulator related to OOM's

Thanks! No P3D for me. I guess I will look into GSX/Coultali and the acars program I am using then, since that is the other thing I updated and installed with Windows 10 before the issue started. 

Well I tried installing the Bus with Win 10 ...clean install of WQin....and the fonts in Edge or what ever it is called screwed up badly...not sure why...and the performance is not good a lot of stuttering on turns even with all tweaks etc. I have since uninstalled FSX SE and all add-on's and will see what happens going forward re P3d v3 other wise may revert to Win 7..however this is only my experience. Many are having good experience's.

All the Best

• 4 weeks later...

I have FSX Steam, and just went to win10. Things are fine until I try to load airbus or other high end aircraft and then I get a CTD.  Went back to win7. No problems. Any ideas? Thanks S. Sumner

• 2 weeks later...

The only issues I have encountered with Windows 10 have been hardware related. And they were solved thanks to the developer. I think its also important to remember that FSX/P3D are pretty prone to crashing whether it be once over a year or week, it will probably happen :(

Jacob

I really don't think so Directx 12 is actually functional for FSX? Anybody who tested FSX with Directx 12 on Windows 10 for Nvidia 970GTX or greater. I just need to know then I am keeping my FSX better stay away from Windows 10. 

Archived