Data base in MCDU2 empty

bobsk8

Please login to display this image.

I just got this airbus yesterday, the 319-320 package. I already installed the hotfixes. When I go to program the Tutorial Route  LOWI, LFMN, and first the MCDU didn't recognize even the airports. Theh after looking at it for awhile I notice that when the unit turns on, there is no no data base in the active data base slot. There is a database in the "2nd Nav Data base" underneath 02 April 29 April/15.  If I copy it into the 1st position it works, but if I restart the aircraft, I have to do that all over again. Is this the way it is supposed to work, because I have never had to do that with any FMC I have used in the past. 

• Deputy Sheriffs

And do you happen to use Navigraph or did you select that option? And are we talking the A318-319 or the A320-321 package here? I see A321 in your screenshot.

Have you downloaded , installed and ran ( as administrator ) Make Runways ?

I just ran makerunways the other day because I updated the ILS's in Europe. This has nothing to do with the problem. The problem is the FMC in the Airbus puts the default Airac data base in the second position as was shown in the photo I posted, and the primary position where it should be is blank. So each time I start the program, I have to move the data base from the secondary position to the primary position. ..... I bought the package with 318-321.  Aerosoft - Airbus A318/A319 + Airbus A320/A321.  I am not even sure at this point if I purchased the latest program, or if it is an older program . 

• Deputy Sheriffs

You can check the version any time in the file "FSX-P3D\aerosoft\Airbus A318_A319\product.cfg". It should be 1.30, and if you have installed a hotfix (manually) it should also tell the letter of it. The latest one is "f", so it should say 1.30f in this case.

Can you show a screenshot of your configurator, please?

You can check the version any time in the file "FSX-P3D\aerosoft\Airbus A318_A319\product.cfg". It should be 1.30, and if you have installed a hotfix (manually) it should also tell the letter of it. The latest one is "f", so it should say 1.30f in this case.

Can you show a screenshot of your configurator, please?

I have two version numbers  . In the A320/ A321   vers 1.30 F      A318/A319     vers  1.30e        . The Airac database that I use in Pro ATC and the Majestic Q400 is from Navigraph, that I got last month. I see that in the selection box it says Navigraph,  but I did not change that, it did it automatically apparently. I have not installed Navigraph in the A319 or A320 if that makes any difference.   

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

That's what I thought. Just configure it to NavDataPro and you are good to go.

Actually NavDataPro is the default, as it is shipped along with the buses. Don't know why it's different for you.

• Deputy Sheriffs

To add: bring both variants to the same level (1.30f).

And to make it clear: although there are 2 configurators for both variants (A31x and A32x), they use the same settings, meaning you can not have different settings for the A31x and A32x.

That's what I thought. Just configure it to NavDataPro and you are good to go.

Actually NavDataPro is the default, as it is shipped along with the buses. Don't know why it's different for you.

OK, that fixed the problem. One configurator was set for Navigraph and one for Navdatapro. I put both on navdatapro and now that works. I do have one small problem left. I ran the hot fix for both the 319 and the 320 yesterday . They both installed normally, I could see he files being overwritten as expected. I just did the 318/319 again just now  with a new download of the Hotfix A318/319 Hotfix f , but when I go in and look at the version # for the 318/319 after I ran it the second time,  it still says  Version 1.3E.  

I then looked at the Product .cfg file that was extracted from Hotix F download  and this is what it says:

[Installer]
ProductCode=
ProductName=Airbus A318/A319
Version=130e
ProductPage=http://www.aerosoft.com
ManualName=
ReadmeName=Readme.txt

Is there a mistake in this Hotfix patch for the 318/319?   

• Deputy Sheriffs

No worries, that's a small glitch in the A318/A319 hotfix. It was forgotten to update it to "f" in the product.cfg file.

It doesn't have any impact on the bus at all.

No worries, that's a small glitch in the A318/A319 hotfix. It was forgotten to update it to "f" in the product.cfg file.

It doesn't have any impact on the bus at all.

Thanks, I appreciate your help. Worked on this for hours yesterday. Hopefully today will be more productive.  

Archived