Just purchased yesterday, some questions.

JackSwyr

Hello, I love this Twin Otter, I just bought it yesterday. But I have two questions.

Is there a manual that explains all the items in the cockpit? I got an 11 page manual which only covered the checklist feature, and four other performance and data manuals. Can I find a manual that explains everything in detail?

I logged in to the forum and noticed there was a hot fix. Since I bought it yesterday is that hot fix included in the download or do i need to install it? How do I determine what version I'm running?

Hello;

When you go to your all programs list,Aerosoft,then the Twin Otter,the manuals are all there,and Im sure you have the Aerosoft Launcher installed,look at the Twin Otter,and it will tell you what version you have,and also if you need the update.

Mark

Hi Mark and thanks for the rapid reply.

I have seen the manuals but they are rather short. I was hoping for a manual that has screenshots of all the various components of the cockpit.

I will boot it up and check the version now.

Would it be possible to send me a link to maybe a real-world manual?

Thanks.

Paul

Hey Paul, I think you will find the manuals you have indicated are all you get. They are good but not comprehensive. You will find some generic Twin Otter manuals out there but not all of them have the systems installed in the Aerosoft one! I have two immediate suggestions for info - first, you could check out my own (WIP) 'Close Up' video series on the Twin Otter. Second, I cannot recommend highly enough the 'Cockpit Conversation' blog, which I have found invaluable in figuring out some of the more detailed aspects of the Twin Otter's systems.

Twin Otter Close Up (my video blog)

Cockpit Conversation (Twin Otter pilot blog)

Thank you Mark! I will be sure to have a look. As for the hotfix, do you think I need it, away from the PC now but I was wondering.

Hi Paul,

Typically hotfixes aren't included in the original download. Only large fixes that come in service packs will typically be included in a full download. So, go ahead and install the hotfix and you should be good to go.

Archived