Taxi problem with A 319 V1.21

holger_l

It seems that I am the only one with this new problem. During taxi the plane is strongly turning to the right. I need to push nearly full left pedal to keep it straight. I use the CH-pedals but I don´t think they are the problem because every other plane is taxiing straight as usual. From outside it is visible that the front gear is turned to the right, so it seems that it is not a problem of brakes. Switching the tiller on/off and switching new ground FDE makes no difference.

Any idea?

Btw. really great product, a great thank you to the dev Team

Thank you for your answer but I calibrated my controls several times and they work very well with all other aircraft. Thrust is nearly the same on both engines. In outside view the nosegear is strongly turned to the right with pedals neutral. So the problem must be related to steering. Are there any entries in config files which can be corrupt? Maybe a value for the 'straight position'?

Hi

I had exactly the same problem, i.e. nosewheel turned to the right and the plane doing circles. I realised that my axes had become corrupted so, while plane was loaded, engines running and paused I disconnected the joystick unmapped the axes and reconnected. Then I remapped the axes it was fine. I don't think it works if the plane isn't loaded and running though. I assume that the same applies to rudder pedals as well as a joystick (I use both but have my tiller mapped to a joystick twist). I hope that helps.

Andrew

ok, now I found the problem. It was the tiller. I put the tiller on a non centering axis of my yoke. In my opinion there is a little bug because in the moment the tiller is switched off via the right MCDU the last position of the tiller is kept as nosewheel center. Now I switched on the tiller, centered the movement of the plane with it and switched it off again. Now my taxi behavior is back to normal.

Archived