Is the new A320/21 EFIS QNH and ISIS QNH linked or now intended to be independant?

longreach

Hi again,

I searched to see if I could find an answer regarding this but I believe it has changed now with the new ISIS. I have noticed with the A320 the new ISIS (which is beautiful by the way) is now independant from the setting entered into the EFIS QNH. For example if I select the QNH using the efis knob it will not adjust the ISIS qnh setting, pressing the default FSX 'B' however adjusts both. I am not sure whether this is a bug or if it is now intended this way as per real world functionality? But in previous models the EFIS QNH knob also changed the QNH shown on the standby ISIS. Was just wondering is this intended?

Cheers :)

There is still some work being done on the ISIS.

Well, while you're at it, could the ISIS be made dimmable? During night time with the dark cockpit version, it can be way too bright.

Well, while you're at it, could the ISIS be made dimmable? During night time with the dark cockpit version, it can be way too bright.

I fully agree with you, however I'm not sure this can be done with the current version.

I fully agree with you, however I'm not sure this can be done with the current version.

Well, abusing the dimming controls for a simple day/night switch would probably suffice as a first shot.

Well, as we're taling about ISIS and QNH, and to be honest I don't know if it's same in real life.

As Mathijs said there are work on ISIS, but just let me tell one thing I noticed.

When switch in EFIS QNH to STD or STD to QNH, in ISIS also switch to STD or QNH, which wasn't happening in A318/A319, so ISIS is dependant/linked by EFIS QNH when switching.

It's supposed?

It's not the same, but it's supposed.

FSX only got one event to trigger the altimeters to STD and since the ISIS is still quite bound to the internal FSX code there is no way around this. I recently spend a whole evening togeather with Finn trying to find a way around this, but no chance. It's simply a limitation in the FSX SDK.

FSX only got one event to trigger the altimeters to STD and since the ISIS is still quite bound to the internal FSX code there is no way around this. I recently spend a whole evening togeather with Finn trying to find a way around this, but no chance. It's simply a limitation in the FSX SDK.

Thanks for quick and clear reply.

But can you confirm in A318/A319 it was working correctly?

EFIS/ISIS working full independantly and wasn't linked to each other.

Thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...

New ISIS is perfect in my point of view.

Just would like if possible it be independant brightness dimmable like PFD/ND/ECAMs.

The "runaway numbers" when hitting "B" or trying to adjust the setting using the mouse by turning the knob are certainly not ok. If that was fixed, and some dimming possibility introduced, then it would be perfect.

Actually, not being able to set the barometer on the ISIS without having the QNH run down to the lowest possible value kind of annoys the bloody heck out of me :beatcomputer_s:

since I do EFIS and ISIS QNH crosscheck as part of the checklist.

A limitation which other addon developers have managed to bypass. On PMDG aircraft, all three barometric altimeters (left, right, and standby) can be configured to work independently.

Archived