FSUIUPC and Joystick settings

Drrick

Since i started to play around and test the different settingsin FSUIPC (registered Version) concerning my joystick and throttles (SAITEK Pro X 52) i did change some settings, and now nothing is like it should.....

Throttle-axes are reversed, and when i reverse them again the joystick axes are reversed.

Can somebdy help me setting it as it should be ?

(I did read part one of the manual... ;-) )

Otto, thx for reacting.

Yes i did read the nr 7 manual, and yes i unchecked the FSX control settings, and yes i did make a specific profile for A320 in FSUIPC.

I defined the axes to the joystick and thrustlevers and calibrated. Since i did this everything is twisted. Axes are reversed and evertime i start a new session all my settings are upside down again.

As i tried to fall-back to FSX settings i could not invert my axes anymore. They stay inverted. Silly.... Also since i use FSUIPC the bus starts up with settings i never set (eg gear lever in "gear-up")

I will be gratefull for solutions. Cannot fly my bus like this...

• Aerosoft

It's hard to give good advise for this, but try this:

1. do not use FSUIPC joystick functions for the busses unless there is a pressing need for it
  2. move your FSX.cfg to a safe location so FSX will make a new one on startup
  3. use the absolute default setting in the control menu's

If it does not work as expected there it means the commands given of by the hardware are unexpected, perhaps altered by the drivers. 90% of the joystick drivers are hopeless and should be avoided like the plague. Never needed for FS.

I can report the same problem.

But I would like to use the fsuipc, because with it, I can differentiate between the different setups for different planes like the Twotter and the busses. Two types I like to fly.

With the Twotter no problem whatsoever

So please Matthijs help us to find a way...

• Aerosoft

I can report the same problem.

But I would like to use the fsuipc, because with it, I can differentiate between the different setups for different planes like the Twotter and the busses. Two types I like to fly.

With the Twotter no problem whatsoever

So please Matthijs help us to find a way...

Paul, as I have no idea what your settings are, what your hardware is, how your driver settings are etc etc that would be very hard. We have done our best to provide all information in Vol 7 of the manual and we got tens of thousands of people where it works so we are pretty sure the files are okay. That it works in the Twotter and not in the Bus is of course not surprising. In the Twotter all the controls are directly linked between the hardware and the control using standard FSX links. If we would do that for the our Airbus we would end up with the default Airbus in FSX. No serious FBW and no FADEC.

Our advice is this:

1. do not use FSUIPC joystick functions for the busses unless there is a pressing need for it
  2. move your FSX.cfg to a safe location so FSX will make a new one on startup
  3. use the absolute default setting in the control menu's

If that works feel free to modify things on your own risk.

Ok.

In my case it is the X55 Throttle, with which it isn't possible (for me) to follow the pages 8 and 9 from vol7.

And.. Indeed there is no pressing need.

In my case I will fly the busses with the FSX axes.

Other planes with fsuipc

• Aerosoft

Well I also have and X55 and it took me a good while to find out that there were TWO axis defined for throttle three. As we had two more customers with the same issue and both of those solved it by checking the axis I am almost 100% sure your issue is also caused by the same cause.

Yes Matthijs,

The tiller problem is solved (another topic). It is a bit rough, but functions...

The axis programming is problematic as the topic starter describes above.

Same for me.

I now have the throttle-axes in FSX and that seems ok.

Hello Rick,

As I understood from Matthijs and the documentation, it is necessary to program the throttle axes from the busses via the FSX/P3D menu Controls. The buttons/switches are in my setup in fsuipc. As well as the axes from my other addons, like the Twin Otter, C337 and Dodosim Bell. They all require imho a different setup. So the only programming of throttle axes in FSX/P3D is for the busses.

i did now disconnected FSUIPC (renamed the .dll) and a miracle happened: all settings went back to normal.

I have no axis problems anymore. And the problem with dissapearing FP during rotation is also solved by removing FSUIPC. (see my trhead about missing FP)

So Mathijs is quite right stating we should NOT use FSUIPC in controling the busses.

Archived