On some Airports: Automatic calcullation of Flex-Temp not working

Martin Müller

I noticed, the automatic flex-temp caclullation is not working on some airport.

Must be me (as usual) but where can I find that automatic flex-temp calculation...? I've been trying to get information about how to calculate takeoff performance data but no luck so far. I always use MAN TOGA and flaps 2 because I have no clue how to figure out FLEX etc. so if this Airbus has a function for it, I'd like to know it!

Must be me (as usual) but where can I find that automatic flex-temp calculation...? I've been trying to get information about how to calculate takeoff performance data but no luck so far. I always use MAN TOGA and flaps 2 because I have no clue how to figure out FLEX etc. so if this Airbus has a function for it, I'd like to know it!

A clear case for the tutorial flight ;)

Hello!

I noticed, the automatic flex-temp caclullation is not working on some airport.

For example: EDLW, EGGW

EDLW has a quite short runway, so you should consider using TOGA there. If no flex temprature is calculated it means the conditions are out of the limit of where flex can safely be used.

There's a "default" entry on the PERF takeoff page, similar to the "V-speed cheats" on the same page.

A clear case for the tutorial flight ;)

There's a "default" entry on the PERF takeoff page, similar to the "V-speed cheats" on the same page.

Ah, yes, I know about those settings (ZFWCG, THS, V1, VR, V2) and didn't realise the OP was talking about this feature. But it seemed to me FLEX is never calculated...? And you have to figure out yourself what flaps to use afaik? That's why I asked about TPC from Roland Wukovits (http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/85712-tpc-roland-wukovits/) which can't be found anywhere. I'd really like, as the manual says, use a "more “sophisticated” way" to "calculate and manually enter those values" myself. But I will have a closer look at that screen during the setup of my next flight.

Archived