Company Routes

tonyc

Firstly I apologise if this subject has already been covered but I have searched without success.

In the AXE we had a Corte file which appeared in Documents/Aerosoft. This you could amend and distribute around your VA accordingly to give all the Company Routes without having to load every one individually in the CoRoute Editor.

In the 318/319 there doesn't appear to be the Corte file. Therefore my question is can you transfer easily in some way all the Company Routes already formed for the AXE into the new 318/319?

Ok thanks. But the 318/319 has its own Corte Route Editor and I cannot find a seperate Corte file. When I tried to input an existing route (the ones made for AXE0 on the FMC it didn't recognise it and so I am guessing you need to update a Corte file which I assume applies only to the 318/319.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Be aware that the folder where flightplans are stored has changed, as alll future Airbus will use a common folder:

..\my documents\Aerosoft\Airbus\FlightPlans

This I understand now thanks. However I tried copying the AXE Corte file over to the 318/319 \Flight Plan files and also the CoRoute Splitter but that still doesn't add the routes to the A319/319 file.

I know that the CoRoute Editor programme is not Aerosoft developed so I am thinking that maybe you can only apply the plans made in the AXE to the AXE and not to the new 318/319 because of some slight difference in format. The fact that there is no Corte file now would suggest that?

Ok so what I have done is to simply copy and paste all the FPLs in my Documents/Aerosoft/ AXE folder to the Airbus folder and it seems to work ok. It also updates the CoRoute Editor.

Simple really don't know why I didn't think of it sooner!

Be aware that the folder where flightplans are stored has changed, as alll future Airbus will use a common folder:

..\my documents\Aerosoft\Airbus\FlightPlans

..which makes me very unhappy because it does not match the convention for flightplans created with PFPX (...AerosoftAirbusExtended/FlightPlans)! Using A320/1 Extended and A318/319 together suddenly produces additional workload. In my eyes renaming was a bad idea. I couldn't figure a sound reason for that anyway!

• Deputy Sheriffs

And what is the problem here? Simply change the path in PFPX. The "addintional" workload will only be for a few weeks until the new A320/321 will be released.

An the "bad" idea was the best idea to clean upo some things facing the upcoimng new models.

I understand that but please take into consideration that not everyone will update to your A320/1 "Extended extended" for various reasons. For those customers the additional workload will remain much longer than only "a few weeks". I think it is fair enough to keep all customers in mind when changing existing standards. Mind you in most cases they have already paid twice for your A320/1!

Anyways, I suggest you think about an update of PFPX which allows additional entries in the flightplan section.

• Aerosoft

Nobody has paid twice for the A320/A321. As you know well we never charge customers twice for the same files. Our update price are linear to the amount of files changes.

I am sorry you do not agree to our new folder structure, but I honestly feel that there will be very few customers who will see this as a problem.

I'll forward your suggestion to the PFPX developers.

Archived