CLB page speed pre-select

Alex Jefferies

Hi All,

Ran in to a small issue last night, I went to pre-select a climb speed on the perf page before departure in order to maintain a intermediate speed during an initial SID turn using managed climb.

The aircraft accelerated correctly to the pre-selected speed but I was then unable to return to the normal managed speed and had to perform the rest of the climb using selected speed. I tried every LSK on the climb page but none allowed me to return to managed speed. Have I missed anything, or is it a small gremlin with the aircraft?

Thanks guys :)

Alex

Hi Alex,

we'll check this out, thanks for the report. Could you quickly show us a screenshot which button exactly you press so that we know what exactly you do?

By the way, most real world pilots would simply selected speed in such a case ;)

Hi Emi,

Yes that's probably the easiest way! Nevertheless I don't think this is correct behaviour so thanks for looking in to it :)

The function I am using is on LSK 4L labelled 'PRESEL'. I typed 220 in there and I cannot then clear it once airborne.

006924fa0679873db327a047eabec6a7.png

In theory that's how it should work here too but the problem is there is no way to return to managed speed using the FCU or the MCDU. I will test again later but I'm definitely sure the FCU does not treat the speed as 'selected' but as a function of managed speed.

Alex

I don't use all the time SID, if its necessary go head use it. Smaller airports I fly out mostly manual, if weather permitting. eg Vagar EKVG. You only specify runway for takeoff.

• 4 months later...

Anyone is able to explain how this function works, if works? I'm getting "BAD FORMAT" message every time and I have to use the FCU button if I want a specific speed after takeoff for example

Hello,

during cockpit preparation and insert FMGS data you can enter an Preselect Speed at CLB page out of F/PLN restrictions for turns or other flight manoeuvre. You enter this value and after Takeoff and passing acceleration height the value is showed as target speed on PFD. For return to the normal managed CLB Speed the FCOM write - push the SPEED KNOB, but on the Aerosoft Airbus this function dosnĀ“t works. You must pull the speed knob, than the PRESEL SPD is showed in the speed window and thereafter push the knob for return at manged mode.

Frank

Hello,

during cockpit preparation and insert FMGS data you can enter an Preselect Speed at CLB page out of F/PLN restrictions for turns or other flight manoeuvre. You enter this value and after Takeoff and passing acceleration height the value is showed as target speed on PFD. For return to the normal managed CLB Speed the FCOM write - push the SPEED KNOB, but on the Aerosoft Airbus this function dosnĀ“t works. You must pull the speed knob, than the PRESEL SPD is showed in the speed window and thereafter push the knob for return at manged mode.

Frank

Thank you. Now I ask AS if this is still planned to correct for SP3?

Archived