Heathrow Xtended AFCAD and FSX ATC

MWR

Hi Aerosoft.

Well. Just completed my first flight into Heathrow Xtended. Superb! And for me, no frame rate or OOM issues. Just posting to flag up a minor issue. When using FSX ATC, the 27R ILS approach is not recognised and it's radar vectoring to a visual approach. I guess this is the same for the other landing runway but as I landed 27R I haven't checked. Of course, the ILS is radiating so it could be flown normally.

Thanks for your excellent work.

Mike

Gentlemen. Can I just make the point that not all people do want to use Radar Contact v4 or Vatsim. This is why I pointed this out. I don't use FSX ATC 99% of the time but as this is an FSX add-on there will be people who do.

Mike

Mike,

I understand that but just wanted to point out to those who may be unaware that there is an alternative to the default ATC. Which, speaking personally I feel is pretty dreadful but that is outside this discussion thread.

Hi Ray.

Yes. I'm aware of Radar contact v4. I'm considering getting it at the moment as it sounds pretty darn good.Please don't think that was an agressive post aimed at you. I'd absolutely agree that the FSX ATC is generally awful! In a previous working life I was an Air Traffic Controller for 40 years and often get a laugh out of what MS thought was acceptable. I always like to have a look at the default ATC on initially purchasing an add-on scenery just to see how well it works and was surprised that there was an omission on so good a scenery.

Regards.

Mike

P.S. By the way, my last 20 years was at your local airport.

Hi Mike,

I didn't think for a minute your tone was untoward. As you were a controller you will appreciate that the default ATC is okay for those not too serious about their flying. It is amusing for one or two flights but after that it just gets annoying.

Based at Manchester eh? I recorded some real world transmissions around 9 years ago when the runways were designated 06/24. You have the option in RC of adding those to enhance the realism. Technically illegal I suppose but my collar hasn't been felt yet! :) I wonder if you were on duty that day. You might end up listening to yourself. :D

RC used the experience of 2 real-world ATCs. One US based - Doug Thompson and the other was based at West Drayton & Swanwick before his retirement. So the phraseology should satisfy you.

Hi Mike,

I didn't think for a minute your tone was untoward. As you were a controller you will appreciate that the default ATC is okay for those not too serious about their flying. It is amusing for one or two flights but after that it just gets annoying.

Based at Manchester eh? I recorded some real world transmissions around 9 years ago when the runways were designated 06/24. You have the option in RC of adding those to enhance the realism. Technically illegal I suppose but my collar hasn't been felt yet! :) I wonder if you were on duty that day. You might end up listening to yourself. :D

RC used the experience of 2 real-world ATCs. One US based - Doug Thompson and the other was based at West Drayton & Swanwick before his retirement. So the phraseology should satisfy you.

Ray. I can tell you that if the FSX ATC for Manchester was actually used as a template for real life the ATCOs doing it would have spent a lot of their time filling in forms for various reasons. Descent below the Minimum Safe Altitude being one! It would have been a visit to the bosses office for tea with definately no biscuits!

Mike

Mike,

Sounds like you've convinced yourself an upgrade is required. Then you can have all the biscuits you desire! The only saving grace of the FSX ATC is it's free (effectively).

I can assure you RC has MSAs for all airports in FSX (and FS9).

Just thought I'd come back on this. I've solved it and there is no EGLL xtended issue.....

I remembered that several months ago I'd had an issue with a very strange incompatability between the UK2000 VFR Newquay ILS in their VFR1 v2 package and the UK2000 v3 Heathrow ILS. This issue appeared to be a problem unique to my installation. On remembering this I de-activated the Newquay scenery and, blow me down, suddenly there's an ILS approach on 27R! Therefore, as I don't think anyone else would suffer from this issue I'll mark it solved.

Mike

Archived