Just wondering if there is a chance that you may make it so that we can zoom into the airport so that we can actually see the runways and taxiways and parking etc like you can in Flight commander.

This makes it so much easier to be able to see what taxiway is coming up and where I can taxi to the gate.

Just wondering if there is a chance that you may make it so that we can zoom into the airport so that we can actually see the runways and taxiways and parking etc like you can in Flight commander.

This makes it so much easier to be able to see what taxiway is coming up and where I can taxi to the gate.

Check out Aivlasoft EFB, it does everything you want, and more :)

• 4 weeks later...

good idea about Aiviasoft EFB but then means having to load another program which then uses resources. FS Commander was good in the fact you could see the taxiways runways etc.

As for being a flightplanner this programme is not just a flight planner and it should be user friendly so how hard would this be to create. If not then I may have to look for a more suitable programme.

• 3 months later...

I know this topic is some months old, but it deals exactly with what I wanted to write about, so I'm adding a reply instead of openning a new one.

Thats hardly the purpose of a flight planner.

For me, part of the planning process is choosing the gates, the taxiways, the departure runway, the exits on arrival.. I always use updated charts, so I always have updated information at hand. PFPX is an awesome tool just the way it is... But having ALL the information you need in one place just makes it better. But as far as I know (although I may well be way wrong) AIRACS include information about runways, taxiways, exits, parking position... Why not use it? Maybe having all that information in the map could make things crowded. But a extra tab, just as what happens with the weather, would be great.

Just a opinion, though.

Bests,

Hello Ramon,

What you are suggesting could be nice, especially in RL, but it does not work that way.

PFPX is a flightplanner and even that you can choose the rwy (DEP and ARR) when planning, when you contact ATC for your clearance the Rwy may be different, so could be your FL; when in flight ATC may re-route you either to get DCTor to avoid other traffic and same on arrival, the rwy can be different than planned, even the taxiways that you were expecting could not be used anymore (i.e. LVP in force) or ATC ask you to leave through a different exit and your usual gate may not be available.

Even on a familiar airport where you are used to exit by the same taxiway most of the time but on a very hot day you would touchdown further away than usual and would take a different exit. Same with a too fast approach speed or even a slight tailwind component.

The only thing that you could be (more or less) sure is your gate at departure and you can position your acft accordingly with FSX.

Regarding the AIRACS database, I am not sure if you would have the informations you are requesting in them.

And finally, PFPX was not designed to be an EFB but, as far as I know, to produce OFPs.

Regards,

JP

good idea about Aiviasoft EFB but then means having to load another program which then uses resources. FS Commander was good in the fact you could see the taxiways runways etc.

As for being a flightplanner this programme is not just a flight planner and it should be user friendly so how hard would this be to create. If not then I may have to look for a more suitable programme.

Product description: Flight Planning Tool

That is how it should remain, programs that try to encompass a one fits all solution invariably end been no good at any one thing.

Product description: Flight Planning Tool

That is how it should remain

Well... that is one opinion. Mine is just different. I prefer having all my tools in one place better than having to open a dozen different windows for everyflight. I think the tabs system in PFPX is gorgeous and I do beleive that having an extra tab with the information about runways, taxiways, gates and parkin position would just make even better a tool that is just great as it is now. As I said before, I do have updated charts of the airports I fly. And I have used Aivlasoft EFB before. But I still miss having all the information I need in just one spot. That is MY opinion and I just proposed an idea. If delevopers like and it and consider it feasible, that would be great news for me. Otherwise I would still be a more than happy and satisfied user. No problems...

Thanks for sharing your thoughts about it :-)

I have a networked PC that runs EFB and also FS Flight Keeper. Both these have airport layouts. With a WideFS licence it's easy to use a low-powered PC to run these addons.

EFB and FSFK are excellent at what they do. PFPX is also excellent at what it does. None will do everything nor should they. Horses for courses.

Archived