A300 and P3D2

Will269

With version 1.00 you need to have aligned INS's for the NAV mode to work. All presets will have aligned INS except for the COLD and DARK one, hence the fact that NAV doesn't work.

This was fixed in 1.02, but in P3D there seems to be a communication issue between the panel and the FMC gauge which is causing the problem. Although we don't officially support P3D, we will take a lok at this so we can fix this.

Same for the APU power connection, will also look at that. This will take some time to figure out so bear with me on this one.

Björn

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Björn,

it would be awesome to see A300 working flawlessly in P3D :)

P3D is so tempting because of the performance and graphics but still too many great/awesome addons are not compatible with it killing all the joy. If you ever need any help testing A300 in P3D 2.1 I am at your service ;)

Well, I am thinking about it.

But it seems that even between different version of P3D or even between different individual installations some things work and others don't! This makes live rather difficult for the developers.

Björn

Well, I am thinking about it.

But it seems that even between different version of P3D or even between different individual installations some things work and others don't! This makes live rather difficult for the developers.

Björn

Tell me more... I know your pain ;) But this are just the charms of this job :D

Hi Janek,

For TOGA, you did:

- Put N1 computer in TO or FLX TO mode

- Advance throttle levers to > 80% of thrust

- Press TOGA?

And then it didn't work?

Björn

Hi Björn first thanks for your patience and your support.

Yes after doing these steps TOGA or n1 on ground don't work for me, but in P3dv2.0. Rechecked with panel state ready for take off still the same.

Trying a reinstall tomorrow ;-)

Send with Tapatalk App.

With version 1.00 you need to have aligned INS's for the NAV mode to work. All presets will have aligned INS except for the COLD and DARK one, hence the fact that NAV doesn't work.

This was fixed in 1.02, but in P3D there seems to be a communication issue between the panel and the FMC gauge which is causing the problem. Although we don't officially support P3D, we will take a lok at this so we can fix this.

Same for the APU power connection, will also look at that. This will take some time to figure out so bear with me on this one.

Björn

Bjorn,

That would be fantastic. The A300 is fantastic, and in P3D2 it has a very low footprint on VAS, it is a pleasure to have. The issues with connectivity with P3D2 may even be fixed by LM themselves, reading the forums today regarding the xml compiler they use and the Simconnect issues. But if you are looking at adjusting the A300 to P3D2, you have just made my day. I will buy the MFC upgrade and be ready for when you can look into the issues.

Many thanks again, loving this aircraft, as I have for several years now.

I've tried to install the P3D but it's not working out, always get installer errors. Based on the stuff I found on their forums, my guess is that 2.1 is a step backwards and is posing many issues!

Anyway, I'll keep trying to get this thing to work on dev PC, but so far no luck (payment went through easily however :glare_s:

Björn

Björn do you have errors with data1 during the installation?

My sequence was, first P3dv2.0 (because installation issues with 2.1) then the update. I don't now if P3dv2.0 still available.

Good luck!, I wish you success!

And welcome the the p3d club ;-)

Send with my mobile device.

Hi Bjorn,

Downloading P3D from LM can be tricky with corrupted installs. I experienced that once with P3D 1.4.

AFAIK some browsers can have issues with the large download. LM recommends to use Firefox or IE9.

And there's an instruction on the purchased downloads page that's worth reading. You can also try the separate files instead of the large download (or just the other way round ;-)

Jeroen

Hi Jeroen,

I've downloaded here at work using FireFox (opposed to Chrome on my dev PC) and now install (individual files) seems to work fine. Will try these files on the DEV PC in the week-end, hopefully I'l have more luck then.

Thanks for the feedback

Björn

I've finally got P3D up and runing and as I can see it there are many issues.

Based on the first 5 minutes (until CTD):

- Trim indicator wheel not working in the VC

- FD bars U/S

- When I switched to the 2D panel => CTD

What I did get to work was:

- TOGA

- NAV mode with FMC

Based on what I have read in other forums and in this one here, it seems that v2.1 is causing major issues for many people. V2.0 seems to be much more stable but unfortunately it is no longer available.

The main thing that I need to guarantee is compatibility between the FSX version and the P3D version, when an update of P3D causes things that used to work, to stop working then I think P3D is the problem, not the panel ;)

Anyway, these are my first steps in this new environment, hopefully LM will be clear about why so many things stopped working and provide some info about this.

Björn

I've finally got P3D up and runing and as I can see it there are many issues.

Based on the first 5 minutes (until CTD):

- Trim indicator wheel not working in the VC

- FD bars U/S

- When I switched to the 2D panel => CTD

What I did get to work was:

- TOGA

- NAV mode with FMC

Based on what I have read in other forums and in this one here, it seems that v2.1 is causing major issues for many people. V2.0 seems to be much more stable but unfortunately it is no longer available.

The main thing that I need to guarantee is compatibility between the FSX version and the P3D version, when an update of P3D causes things that used to work, to stop working then I think P3D is the problem, not the panel ;)

Anyway, these are my first steps in this new environment, hopefully LM will be clear about why so many things stopped working and provide some info about this.

Björn

Bjorn, reading the LM forums as well as Avsim, it appears the way the Sim parses XML has changed. In the past, it would ignore ssyntax or comments or spelling problems, now it doesn't. A few developers have found that removing "//" from the code actually stopped memory bleed problems and OOM issues. It will mean further work for developers but what those developers said is that the performance was fantastic once the changes were made.

Sent from my Mobile thing

I am using it in P3Dv2.1 with no problems. I used Estonia fsx migration tool to install both original and FMC upgrade. It works just fine. I fly exclusively in VC mode though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi Will,

I don't actually use XML, I just use "L:" variables to pass information between the panel and the 3D model. I call these XML variables, but this is probably the wrong word. All the gauges are in C++.

nfinger,

That is interesting indeed, does this tool simply copy files from one product to another or does it change anything in the settings also which could explain why it works for you and not for the rest of us?

Björn

I am using it in P3Dv2.1 with no problems. I used Estonia fsx migration tool to install both original and FMC upgrade. It works just fine. I fly exclusively in VC mode though.

That hears itself hopefully would be that well on the solution.

Can you confirm the following?

TOGA does the mode go and does remain the pitch trim actively after that take off? And does Nav function also after cold and dark fashion?

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Regards Janek

Send with my mobile device.

Yes I can report all functions correctly, inc. TOGA switch, after increasing throttle past 50% hit it and N1 auto throttle engages. Have done a few long haul flights more than 2500nm without any probs. Estonia fsx migration tool converts P3D into FSX config. You activate it prior to installing programs. When finished I deactivate to convert back to native P3D config. The tool has been updated to work with P3Dv2.1.

Cheers

Norbert

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi Norbert,

I'm away on a business trip tomorrow and will only be back next Tuesday but after that I'll try this conversion tool and see if I can recreate what are seeing, it would be a great help.

Thanks for the info!

Björn

Archived