SID with one waypoint

GATC is well done and great fun. I'm impressed with the judicious decisions you guys made on the features needed for launch.

I'd like to submit for consideration an enhancement. For departing flights, if the SID has only one waypoint and the trip length is very short (configurable length) then perhaps it should be discarded and not added to the departure queue. That would get rid of flights where the single point SID is located off the end of the runway causing flights to disappear seconds after departure.

A better long term enhancement would for each flight to have true exit point off the scope in which case for this scenario it would be my job as controller to provide vectors from the last SID to that exit location. A flight destination could be provided on the flight strip and we could figure out the exit point on our own.

• Aerosoft

GATC is well done and great fun. I'm impressed with the judicious decisions you guys made on the features needed for launch.

I'd like to submit for consideration an enhancement. For departing flights, if the SID has only one waypoint and the trip length is very short (configurable length) then perhaps it should be discarded and not added to the departure queue. That would get rid of flights where the single point SID is located off the end of the runway causing flights to disappear seconds after departure.

A better long term enhancement would for each flight to have true exit point off the scope in which case for this scenario it would be my job as controller to provide vectors from the last SID to that exit location. A flight destination could be provided on the flight strip and we could figure out the exit point on our own.

But the end of a SID is 99% of the cases a waypoint of a airway, it never just stops.

What airport has that happened at?

Seattle (KSEA) is where I experienced it with the waypoint NICHY. There is no SID in Seattle called NICHY so this results in a clearance to a single intersection (and it's generating a lot of these) [see KSEA_NICHY.jpg]. This could be an issue with the NavData dB.

Turns out NICHY is part of the ELMAA SID and some flights are being assigned the ELMAA departure correctly [see KSEA_ELMAA5.jpg]. However I don't know where the NICHY5 starting point came from. Could be more NavData issues.

post-98297-0-03756100-1388161760_thumb.j

post-98297-0-50544300-1388161804_thumb.j

post-53494-0-71950000-1388163543.png

This is the SID that is causing problems...

It ends at NICHY waypoint then left HDG 70 and by radar vectors... I will look for suitable solution to that as that problem never arised during beta.

attachicon.gif8.PNG

This is the SID that is causing problems...

It ends at NICHY waypoint then left HDG 70 and by radar vectors... I will look for suitable solution to that as that problem never arised during beta.

The more problematic example I was looking for is PTLD1 in KPDX which has no initial waypoints. There has to be more of these two examples. How do you currrently handle PTLD1?

post-98297-0-26457500-1388177089.jpg

You will probably never get a departure through that as it has no exit points... I will be looking at it in next weeks. Few issues with procedures arised recently and I will try to sort them all out.

Archived