...having fun @ EDDF

If an aircraft lands on runway 25L and another lands parallel on 25R, its no problem. 25C usually isn't used for landings Gesendet von meinem GT-P5220 mit Tapatalk

25C is used for departures only.

You can ask me for the EDDF layout in '014, January.

:)

PS: This is why 25R has been added. We (LH-B744) observe the little ones, but the v/app still differs, doesn't it?

http://jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=7719280&nseq=5

I have to admit I did not do any EDDF Spotting this year although I drive by the airport almost every day... 25R is used for landing only (and as far as I know, it can take anything up to an A340 but nothing above would go there). 25L is used for landing and is (my personal perspective) the preferred runway for spotters (although some ***** did place a small building right in between the spotter area and the runway :( ). I did not even pay attention if 25C is still used for landings - I thought it would at peak times or when there is no departure (at least in the past, a/c could be seen to "slip" from the 25L approach to the 25C approach on final as it reduced their taxi times. (You can still verify by calling http://www.flightradar24.com and use the "Playback feature")

Which, by the way, brings up an interesting question: RWY 36 is not used at EDDF at all so I wonder if it should be offered in GATC. RWY 18 is only used for takeoff (so it should probably be not offered for landing). And 25R is only used for landing (so it should not be offered for takeoff).

Andreas

PS: They just came in so neatly in the above screenshot that I could not resist to ignore the spacings ;)

Archived