Missing textures in Stavanger X ENZV Sola

Haddock

Hi.

I've just recently purchased and installed Stavanger X as a download from Sim Market. Everything seemed to be OK; the buildings and scenery are great, but the surfaces of the runways, taxiways and aprons are really poor, and there are no lines nor markings on any of them. I have about 30 other Aerosoft airports and they're all OK, so I guess that my settings are not at fault. I really would appreciate some help on this.

Thanks.

Oh, Hi Emi, that was quick.

The only display setting stipulated in the manual is to set scenery complexity to 'very dense', which I have, because of the 30-odd aerosoft Mega airports I already have installed.

Can you please check if you may have another scenery which affects Stavanger? Maybe something is overwriting our file.

If not please try a reinstallation and make sure to use Admin rights (right click on the file and then select "Run as Administrator").

Hi Emi.

I turned off every airport but Stavanger, moved every file out of the addon scenery/scenery folder as well, but it was still the same. I un-installed then re-installed the airport, but still the same.

One thing though, the aerosoft launcher gives a message at the bottom of the screen saying that the activation could not be completed. I click on the activation button, and I get the message that 'The update of your product was successful', but I still get the message at the bottom of the screen saying that the activation could not be completed, and that the scenery will not be displayed correctly in flight simulator.

One thing though, the aerosoft launcher gives a message at the bottom of the screen saying that the activation could not be completed.

That's it. Looks like you have the .blob files in your Stavanger's scenery folder, which are the result of unsuccesful activation. Please try reinstaling from scratch.

OK, I'll give that a try. Yes, it does have quite a lot of .blob files in there. Co-incidentally, another Aerosoft airport, Stuttgart, which the launcher also does not seem to like is also full of .blob files.

OK, tried that without success. One thing though, the Launcher doesn't run, as the program is trying to install an older version, 1.1.0.1, and tells me to uninstall the newer one first, but Windows warns me that if I were to uninstall that, then none of the airports that depend upon the new version would work. Also, with Stavanger X uninstalled, I no longer have any default scenery in that area; everything is black.

Emi! Your a genius Sir! I accidentally selected the full Launcher version, which then went on to repair my existing installed one, and it activated the airport first time. Many, many thanks.

• 1 month later...

Do not install the old version.

You should always use the latest version (1.2.0.0 at the moment). If activation does not work using the launcher try using the Mini Launcher which you can find here: http://aerosoft2.de/downloads/launcher/site/main.php?menue=0&language=eng

I just checked the Aerosoft down load page and Stavenger is listed at V 1.1.0.0. Where is V 2.0? I'm referring to FSX of course.

I just checked the Aerosoft down load page and Stavenger is listed at V 1.1.0.0. Where is V 2.0? I'm referring to FSX of course.

A slight correction. It's listed a V 1.01. I downloaded and installed a few days ago, so as far as the Aerosoft site reports, that's the most current. My installed version reads V 1.1.0.0. Something's a little mixed up it seems.

What, in fact, is the latest version?

Jack Fentress

A slight correction. It's listed a V 1.01. I downloaded and installed a few days ago, so as far as the Aerosoft site reports, that's the most current. My installed version reads V 1.1.0.0. Something's a little mixed up it seems.

What, in fact, is the latest version?

Jack Fentress

Jack,

Emi was referring to the Aerosoft Launcher version, which he linked there. The launcher is version 1.2, whereas Stavanger is version 1.01.

Jack,

Emi was referring to the Aerosoft Launcher version, which he linked there. The launcher is version 1.2, whereas Stavanger is version 1.01.

Kyle.............

Thanks for clearing that up so quickly. Though.... he did refer to v 2 rather than 1.2. But, no matter. All is good.

Jack

Archived