Airbus extended sensitivity

Twistedpilot

How can i edit the aircrafts sensitivity so that when im flying and i move the joystick the plane move slow like in real life. I have version 1.10 and the planes moves quickly when i move the joystick, i want that delay like the real airbuses.

Greetings.

There's absolutely ZERO delay in the real Airbus when you move the sidestick. Compared to the real Airbus the AAX tends to react rather a tiny bit too slow but certainly not too fast.

I see videos on youtube where pilots move the sidestick aggressively and the plane seems to have a slow reaction, like when the pilots move the sidestick to the right the airplane doesnt turn instanty, it turns miliseconds after.

IF you move the sidestick 'aggressively' (what you normally don't do) than it's a reaction to a sudden gust or turbulence, hence you get the impression of a delayed response but that's not the case. The A320 reacts instantly and very aggressive IRL when moving the stick fast.

It would make the plane very difficult to control if there would be any noticable delay in control response.

• Aerosoft

IF you move the sidestick 'aggressively' (what you normally don't do) than it's a reaction to a sudden gust or turbulence, hence you get the impression of a delayed response but that's not the case. The A320 reacts instantly and very aggressive IRL when moving the stick fast.

It would make the plane very difficult to control if there would be any noticable delay in control response.

Well yes and no. On final approach it is not uncommon to see a pilot move the side stick as fast as he can from stop to stop. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRilx-a3Hro. It's a fly by wire aircraft and the stick is not connected to the control surfaces after all. It just commands the control surfaces to move as fast as they can. In a Boeing the yoke and the control surfaces have the same angle, but in an Airbus they do not. If you slap the stick sideways and immediately let it center, hardly anything will happen as the control surfaces will hardly move.

And of course, as an aircraft has mass it needs some time to change direction or attitude. A large heavy aircraft is not as agile on the controls as a ultra light. You give an input and it will take a certain amount of time before you get a reaction.

But it is an aircraft that flies very responsive for sure, certainly at some speed. Close to stall every aircraft feels like it is floating in yogurt anyway.

1.On final approach it is not uncommon to see a pilot move the side stick as fast as he can from stop to stop. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRilx-a3Hro.

2.A large heavy aircraft is not as agile on the controls as a ultra light. You give an input and it will take a certain amount of time before you get a reaction.

1. It is definitely uncommon as Airbus recommends that 3 full sidestick deflections in a short period of time should trigger a go around

2. Never noticed any lag. Neither in the rather light A320 nor in the much heavier 767.

• Aerosoft

1. It is definitely uncommon as Airbus recommends that 3 full sidestick deflections in a short period of time should trigger a go around

2. Never noticed any lag. Neither in the rather light A320 nor in the much heavier 767.

Okay okay,

1. true, but full movements are not abnormal. I seen it many times and the airbus pilots who advised us confirmed this. I also saw more than three deflections in a short time without a go around in at least three landings where I was on the jumpseat during the development of this product. Sure Airbus has its guidelines but it happens.

2. So you mean that if you slap the side stick to full left the aircraft is in a fraction of a second to full bank? Or even the control surfaces are fully deployed in a fraction of a second? Of course you do not mean that and that is what I think is intended as 'lag' here. Not lag between input and control surface movement, but between control input and a change in attitude of the aircraft.

I feel we are mincing words here. However I do most certainly not agree with your "The A320 reacts instantly and very aggressive IRL when moving the stick fast." I must admit I only flew sims of the Airbus but it sure does not feel aggressive compared to fighters I did fly and the few types I have flown since. The Super Cub I am used to these days reacts many times faster than an Airbus would for the simple reason it weighs a lot less. I do not believe ANY airliner can be considered to react very aggressively.

Didn't see any full sidestick deflection in the videolink you posted. R U sure those were full deflections U saw IRL ?

> The Super Cub I am used to these days reacts many times faster than an Airbus would for the simple reason it weighs a lot less. I do not believe ANY airliner can be considered to react very aggressively.

The CRJ 100/200 weighs a lot more than a Super Cub but has a much higher rollrate and until you get used to the high roll rate and the instant response, you are flighting PIOs for quite some time. Never had this problem in the Super Cub.

Archived