Vienna - Textures and refinery overlap with Austria Pro

veikkohyn

Hello,

I have Mega Airport Vienna V2, Austria Professional and UTX Europe installed on my FSX SP2. The Vienna manual says there shouldn't be problems with these, but I have two refineries overlapping near the airport and some textures near this area are clashing with Austria Pro's textures of Vienna (they are not actually flickering, but loading alternately in a random way everytime you fly over this area).

Deleting "refinery.bgl" from FlyTampa-Vienna\scenery resulted that only Austria Pro's refinery appeared, but textures are still clashing near this location...

The installation should be correct: I checked on the Vienna V2 installer that I own both Austria Pro and UTX Europe, and made sure Vienna is on the top of Scenery Library. Any help would be greatly appreciated on this problem.

Edit: Here is a screenshot demonstrating the clashing of the objects and textures:

vienna_with_austriapro.jpg

Mathijs, I let FSX to create fsx.cfg again: While it increased my frame rate a bit, sadly it didn't help with the overlapping thing.

I also did some further testing and noticed that the problem doesn't appear with lower quality settings (Texture Resolution at 2m or less, and Scenery Complexity with Sparse or less). So, somehow FSX wants to load Austria Pro everytime I put the settings to higher quality.

Otto, I have posted a screenshot to the first message demonstrating the problem.

Mathijs, I know its not the adequate topic here, but I just need a recent topic to warn you, that there is a guy out there asking for support and saying he cracked AXE! Edit:Now he changed "cracked" to "installed", its the topic "error in airbus x open in fsx" Look it up, maybe it was an error of him, but I dont believe it.

Now he changed "cracked" to "installed", its the topic "error in airbus x open in fsx"

Have you made a screenshot of the 'crack' version of his post?

Sure there are a lot of pirates around, but without a proof it is not easy to track them.

Anyway thanks for the heads up. I will have a close eye on that person.

In case of seeing any suspicious things, you can also use the 'Report' button and describe what happened.

And his thread was moved here: http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/70853-error-in-airbus-x-open-in-fsx/

So anything else on that should go there now. Let's leave this thread for Vienna-related stuff.

Try reversing the order in the scenery config.

I did so and now the problem area uses only Austria Pro's textures, but the objects are still overlapping.

Archived