Coverage - Northern Canada?

BeaverDriver

Can someone please tell me how the coverage of Northern Canada is (i.e. Iqaluit, Yellowknife, Baker Lake, Kugluktuk (Coppermine), Holman Island, etc.) in NavdataPro? I am thinking of the F1 King Air, but the Navigraph database only covers the lower 48 with it, and I rarely fly there. They sent me here to see if NDP might be of more use for that.

Thanks

Glenn

Actually, it might be more helpful if you have some ICAO codes instead of common names:

Iqaluit = CYFB

Yellowknife = CYZF

Baker Lake = CYBK

Kugluktuk = CYCO

Holman = CYHI

Thanks again.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Glenn, the airports listed above are all part of NavDataPro.

But you should be aware that no database, neither Navigraph nor NavdataPro will ever cover the whole world. It simply depends on the realworld customers of the data provider, wich is in case of NavdataPro Lufthansa Sytems.

Otto,

thats actually wrong. Both Providers (Jeppesen and Lufthansa Systems) are covering all IFR Procedure for the whole world.

The issue with only having airports that are used by customers of the providers is a thing of the past. That applied only to Navtech as former Navigraph provider.

Jan-Paul

• Deputy Sheriffs

Thanks, that's indeed good news!

But what I'ld like to now, as there are always people asking for specicfic airports, in some kind of exotic regions, that can not be found in the navdatabase:

What kind of airports/airfields are excluded beside glider fields and heliports?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Aerosoft

AFAIK all the airports exist, just not the procedures.

Best regards,

Robin.

But keep in mind many airports just do not have those. My two local airports simply have no published procedures for example.

If you miss data do provide us with exact details of what is missing!

Archived