Forum Maintenance Period (02/05 - 03/05) ×

Replacement textures for engine intake edges?

a320maxi

Hello,

may I ask if someone already noticed the difference between the real silver colour of the engine intake edge and AXE's silver colour of the engine intake edge and make a replacement texture?

I think there is quite a big difference between them... look... for CFMs (here the difference is not so noticable):

fsx%202012-12-13-11-51-16-41.png

and the real one:

airbus-a320-engine.JPG

and here the IAEs (here its somehow more noticable):

20121215124412835.jpg

309655984_de8dae16e2_o.jpg

This can be caused by different lightning conditions, but accordingly to the fact, that I can do what I want, but AXE's silver colour still doesnt turn brighter, I assume this is a texture problem... but AXE is still nice :) Anyway, I havent seen those AXE's silver colours (CFM and IAE) on any real A320.

Greetings

Max

Have you tried painting the texture yourself? Seems to me you can paint it anyway you like. But it's not really something that needs to be modded for the community as a whole since you're the only person who's ever mentioned it before. :) I think the 85 views with no responses kind of speaks to that. :)

It's probably part of a general aircraft parts texture file. Easy enough to find and easy enough to paint.

Best of luck!

Have you tried painting the texture yourself? Seems to me you can paint it anyway you like. But it's not really something that needs to be modded for the community as a whole since you're the only person who's ever mentioned it before. :) I think the 85 views with no responses kind of speaks to that. :)

It's probably part of a general aircraft parts texture file. Easy enough to find and easy enough to paint.

Best of luck!

Hello,

yes the IAE is easy to repaint (thanks god! its the one where the difference is extreme), but the CFM is quite hard (thanks god it is the one where its not so noticable) as the texture for it is connected to another section of the texure which has the same colour, this makes it hard to recognize what is what and where is the edge between them without a paint map. ...I think reality is way stronger than a community of virtual pilots (maybe this can make the decission if a customer takes the AXE or BBS Airbus, which is getting better and better every month) and so I find it should be made... but well, if nobody wants to, ... what can I do :D

Both CFM and IAE engines are easy to paint if you feel the need to change the colour of the intake , it's just a question of finding the area concerned . By using the wireframe layer you can see the form for the CFM engines and the intake colour is only changed on that part .

CFM : post-29473-0-89986200-1374072457_thumb.j IAE : post-29473-0-18291500-1374072486_thumb.j

In this case I have painted the intakes orange but it shows the area involved . Instead of expecting everything to be spoon fed to you , self exploration is the best way to go , it's how we all started with the Airbus paintkit and you can't break anything , just start again .

John

Both CFM and IAE engines are easy to paint if you feel the need to change the colour of the intake , it's just a question of finding the area concerned . By using the wireframe layer you can see the form for the CFM engines and the intake colour is only changed on that part .

CFM : attachicon.gifAIRBUS_EX320_TURBINMETAL_C.jpg IAE : attachicon.gifAIRBUS_EX320_TURBINMETAL_IAE_C.jpg

In this case I have painted the intakes orange but it shows the area involved . Instead of expecting everything to be spoon fed to you , self exploration is the best way to go , it's how we all started with the Airbus paintkit and you can't break anything , just start again .

John

Thanks very much for showing me where is what :D Starting with the work tomorrow. ;D

• 1 month later...

Inside the TURBINMETAL file, there is a layer or 2 under the group COLORS. They are called "Ebene 13" and "Ebene 13 Kopie". You can play with disabling them or changing the intensity/tone/color... to become what you want.

Inside the TURBINMETAL file, there is a layer or 2 under the group COLORS. They are called "Ebene 13" and "Ebene 13 Kopie". You can play with disabling them or changing the intensity/tone/color... to become what you want.

Ok, will try it.

Many thanks ;)

I've changed that part of the engine texture as well... In the beginning the original textures had a "Wow!" factor for simulating that mat color.... but after some time I felt that it needed to be a little brighter; more vivid.

2013-8-25_20-55-50-244.jpg?psid=1

2013-8-25_20-59-0-326.jpg?psid=1

2013-8-25_20-58-42-550.jpg?psid=1

2013-8-25_20-56-32-127.jpg?psid=1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Nowhere for the moment.

I've redone some parts of the paintkit. Increased texture resolution from 1024 to 2048 for only the fuselage part textures.

I repainted 4 liveries so far but didn't released them yet.

nouvelair

Sabena

Brussels Airlines

Thomas Cook

I have some pics of 2 of them (nouvelair & sabena)

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=664A970033E02781!1682

Archived