How your guys set take-off Flex

Yemie Mark

As the title I wanna know how your guys set takeoff flex, cos when i was in Skiathos I use present tempreture as take off flex and I fund that it is hard to take off at that short use 25 flex.

I think you should takeoff with TOGA at Skiathos at all times.
Also, what was your weight (pax/fuel/cargo)? If you left it at default, there's a great chance you can't take off.

Also, what was your weight (pax/fuel/cargo)? If you left it at default, there's a great chance you can't take off.

thanks, for reply my weight is like 90plus passengers and 2800KG cargo. It is like usual flight not that too much.

When I took off at Skiathos I used TOGA and flap 2 ...

ya.. That is in skiathos how about normal airport that has full runway like 12000+feet how about this case.

Try TPC (takeoff performance calculator; free) to calculate v-speeds and flex temp according to various factors such as runway length, runway conditions, temp, QNH, altitude, weight, anti-ice etc (to replace values given by AXE as its perf table needs revision).

There are a couple more tools available for the Airbus here:

http://www.vbird-va.nl/airbus/tools.htm

There are a couple more tools available for the Airbus here:

http://www.vbird-va.nl/airbus/tools.htm

Hey Fab,

Have tried to use the Excel-based Less Paper Cockpit? It is working for the A320 but not for the A321. I have tried to find a solution within the program and online, but without any luck.

Would appreciate help here, as it is a great tool.

Best

Nizar

Why? Even at 64t you can take off with a flex temp of 50°C IRL.

Why? Even at 64t you can take off with a flex temp of 50°C IRL.

Are you sure about this on a runway with 1800m only?

RWY lenght is only 1628m. Just tried with the AAX at 64t, conf 3 and a flex of 52°C... works perfectly (V1 120, VR 124, V2 128)

Allright, thank you very much. So you say it's just as it would be in real life in our Airbus?

RWY lenght is only 1628m. Just tried with the AAX at 64t, conf 3 and a flex of 52°C... works perfectly (V1 120, VR 124, V2 128)

Ah ok. Good to know. Will try next time :)

Umm i close my eye's to it as i have not got that far in learning the systems, takeoff flex.. what takeoff flex :)

I will get there but not yet as im ironing out my flight planning as i want to get that perfect before i take the next step :)

Umm i close my eye's to it as i have not got that far in learning the systems, takeoff flex.. what takeoff flex :)

I will get there but not yet as im ironing out my flight planning as i want to get that perfect before i take the next step :)

If you have any question which are not answered by the manual feel free to ask them :)

Just make sure to open a seperate thread for them ;)

Of course, regularly, because it's not a ragged edge, but a well defined one plus a few 'built in' safety features like e.g. only 50% of the entered headwind but 150% tailwind are used for the calculation.

At VR it's too late. Once V1 has been passed the first action to abort the take off must have been initiated already as there's really no room for a late reaction if you are really close to the runway limit.

(A lot of people still believe that V1 is a decision speed but it's actually an action speed since long ago).

The Skiathos example I posted results in a stop margin of exactly 1m!

IRL it would be possible to reduce the flex from 52°C to e.g. 45°C to increase the stop margin.

But if you are really heavy, it's hot and the stop margin is 1m without any flex, you have to accept that without the possibility to sqeeze out any further stop margin.

Archived