MCDU 2 AND FLIGHT PLAN PROBLEMS

Operations were normal until reaching FL210 at T/C. Aircraft V 1.10 Airbus 320) then decided to climb/descend and speed up ans slow down (Auto Pilot engaged). The MCDU 2 remained in (Climb and Start Push mode) until T/D. I pushed button to start descent and all worked normally. This has happened a few times. I have some screen shouts but a message says "You aren't permitted to upload this kind of file. Tom

System spec: Acer Predator 7200. Quad core 2300 processor, 8 Gb RAM, 2 x ATI Radeon Graphics card (1 Gb each) 2x 455 Gb HDDs 1 150 Gb HDD WIN 7 64 O/S

Did you start your flight with a pre-defined panel state (did you choose from cold&dark or taxi or takeoff)?

Did you enter your cruise FL (FL210) into the MCP and into the MCDU?

Yes Oliver, I Started from cold & dark (default) and Entered FL210 into both MCDU and MCP. This happened again this morning. Tom

Could it be your weather input is not very stable? We seen this with some add-ons that give unstable airpressure.

I have only FSX weather set to Fair Weather. I will switch it off and try it. Will report back tomorrow. Thanks Tom

Hi Tom,

looking at your first screen shot it looks that:

• You have not reached CRZ ALT because the FMA still displays ALT & NAV and the SEAT BELTS are still on. This means the CL status CLIMB is OK. Did you really enter 21.000 in the MCDU and also on the FCU 21.000?
  • Also what I see is that you have a fuel weight of more than 16 tons and this just before TOD. Please use the fuel- and load planner to make the right settings......
  • The PFD shows an to descent altitude of 6.000 i. e. you have already changed the FCU setting even that you have not reached CRZ ALT.

So I believe that this has something to do with your settings....... (and not with the program respectively checklist). Please try again - maybe use the tutorial flight - and report back if you still experience those problems......

Regards,

Hanse

Hanse,

I reported the facts as they were, I had already passed the Top of Descent - I decided to continue the flight despite the faults. Yes I did enter FL210 in both required places. I have just tried the same flight but with a FL of 250. Exactly the same problem occurred. The MCDU 2 was Ok but the speeding up and down and climb.descent occurred as before. I double checked everything that I entered into MCDU 1 and checked it all again just before T/O. Thanks, Tom

Hanse,

I reported the facts as they were, I had already passed the Top of Descent - I decided to continue the flight despite the faults. Yes I did enter FL210 in both required places. I have just tried the same flight but with a FL of 250. Exactly the same problem occurred. The MCDU 2 was Ok but the speeding up and down and climb.descent occurred as before. I double checked everything that I entered into MCDU 1 and checked it all again just before T/O. Thanks, Tom

Here are some screenshots of mare erratic behaviour from yet another new flight:post-83754-0-19479200-1369237567_thumb.jpost-83754-0-44938800-1369237595_thumb.jpost-83754-0-87939300-1369237617_thumb.jpost-83754-0-87939300-1369237617_thumb.jpost-83754-0-64477200-1369237632_thumb.jpost-83754-0-28238100-1369237649_thumb.jpost-83754-0-28238100-1369237649_thumb.jpost-83754-0-07629300-1369237676_thumb.j

Did you notice you were in TOGA LK when taking your screenshots?

Hi Olli, Yes I did, this is all part of the problem I belive. Thrust levers were in CLB setting with ATHR on. Sould I move the THR LVRs. The tutorial says not when in managed mode. Anyway I am able to get round the problem by applying spoilers, setting speed with the switch, switching ATHR off and pulling THR LVR slightly away from CLB. When the Aircraft slows to selected speed I switch ATHR on and everything returns to normal operation. This is a "work around" and not a solution. I am getting fed up with all the little faults/bugs or whatever you call them. I am going to take a rest from AXE and wait for any upgrade to V 1.10 (Yes I applied hot fixes 14 - 15). Thanks for info. Tom

Hi,

I think the root-cause of all your problems is with your TO. For some reasons you lost too much speed so that TOGO-LK automatically engaged. There might be several reasons for this. But I would suggest again to try the tutorial flight as per Vol6 StepbyStep Guide. Maybe some hints ......

• TO Thrust: Start with FLEX for TO - just put the thrust levers two clicks forward until the FMA displays FLEX ......
  • When you hear "ROTATE" draw the joystick until you have reached a pitch of app. 15 %. Then leave the joystick as it is and the AXE will hold this pitch......
  • At thrust reduction altitude (standard setting: Ground level plus 1.500 feet) the FMA display starts blinking. Then just draw the thrust levers one click back and you will hear "THRUST CLIMB"
  • Now move the joystick a little bit forward i. e. to a pitch of app. 10 %.
  • Then engange the AUTOPILOT and the AXE should climb until CRZ LVL without any problem.....

Hanse

Hi Hanse,

Thank you for the help but I have never had problems with the climb to T/C. All problems start AT or Just AFTER T/C. Here is another screenshot showing a missing leg between REDFA and SUGOL that happened just after reaching UMBAG. You will also notice the ridiculous speed settings applied to various legs especially at SUGOL - 550 kts. Any further help will be greatly appreciated and welcome. Best regards. Tompost-83754-0-19806300-1369373551_thumb.j

Hi Ikarus,

sorry but it seems that you have various problems if I compare your first email with the last one. OK then lets forget about the first one (TOGO LK) and let us concentrate on your last email. There are two things I would like to know:

1. Did you try the tutorial flight and did you experience any problems like mentioned before?
  2. What is your exact flightplan - save it and attach it to your next thread ....

The reasons are I want to reproduce your problems. If I am able then I know what to do otherwise it seems to be an installation or handling problem.....

Regards,

Hanse

Hi Hanse,

Here is the Flt Pln as requested (in JPG format). I tried the Tutorial Flight after this one and after restart of PC. Same results. Thanks for help. Regards Tompost-83754-0-19027400-1369393750_thumb.j

Hi Hanse,

Here is the Flt Pln as requested (in JPG format). I tried the Tutorial Flight after this one and after restart of PC. Same results. Thanks for help. Regards Tomattachicon.gifflt plan.jpg

Hanse, RWY 15 EGBB to RWY 18C at EHAM. Tom

Hi again,

looking at your flightplan it seems a little bit weird to me. There are no SID, no airways, no STAR / TRANS included - just a bunch of waypoints. That is not the way a flightplan for an airbus is entered.......A flightplan from EGBB to EHAM looks as follows

EGBB RWY 15 using SID DTY3E to DTY

DTY M189 OLNEY P166 BANTO UP155 UMBAG UP137 SONDO UM183 REDFA

from REDFA using STAR REDF1A and no TRANS to EHAM RWY ILS 18C

I attach the a. m. flightplan. There is no problem with this one on my system. The AXE is not developed to enter a flightplan like yours therefore it is no bug if the result do not meet your expectations.

I always costs us a lot of our time (which we would like to use mainly for developing) to discuss and find out the reasons for problems. In your case I have the feeling that you fly the AXE by "Try and Error" and if it does not work as expected then you contact support. May I ask you to use the AXE as intended i.e. to simulate "real" procedures.......If you really experience problems please do not hesitate to contact us again but make sure you used the right procedures the AXE ios developed for .....

Regards,

Hanse

EGBBEHAM01.flp

Hi again,

looking at your flightplan it seems a little bit weird to me. There are no SID, no airways, no STAR / TRANS included - just a bunch of waypoints. That is not the way a flightplan for an airbus is entered.......A flightplan from EGBB to EHAM looks as follows

EGBB RWY 15 using SID DTY3E to DTY

DTY M189 OLNEY P166 BANTO UP155 UMBAG UP137 SONDO UM183 REDFA

from REDFA using STAR REDF1A and no TRANS to EHAM RWY ILS 18C

I attach the a. m. flightplan. There is no problem with this one on my system. The AXE is not developed to enter a flightplan like yours therefore it is no bug if the result do not meet your expectations.

I always costs us a lot of our time (which we would like to use mainly for developing) to discuss and find out the reasons for problems. In your case I have the feeling that you fly the AXE by "Try and Error" and if it does not work as expected then you contact support. May I ask you to use the AXE as intended i.e. to simulate "real" procedures.......If you really experience problems please do not hesitate to contact us again but make sure you used the right procedures the AXE ios developed for .....

Regards,

Hanse

Hi Hanse,

How right you are. I apologise for causing you such a problem. I did not know that I could not plan a flight that I wanted to fly. I know now. I will not follow up with this one. Please feel free to erase it from the system - if you are permitted. Thank you for spending so much valuable time on this. Best regards. Tom

Archived