Helsinki ILSes

Have just downloaded and installed Helsinki for FSX.

As I flew my first flight into EFHK, I was offered a visual approach for rwy 22R.

I was unable to select anything but visual approaches for any of the parallel runways - in fact I could see from the list of available approaches that several ILSes seem to be missing.

I can see references to this problem in other threads on this forum regarding other Helsinki issues, but I have not yet seen a solution.

Is there an update I can download to get the missing instrument approaces?

Or is Aerosoft working on an update? If so, when can we expect it?

Best regards

JB

NAX2571.png

Hi JB,

This sounds like a nav data issue. What addon aircraft are you using for this, and what nav data set are you using? Or, do you refer to default FSX ATC?

Hi Kyle.

It was flown with the default 737-800 and using default FSX ATC.

When opening the map, I can see that all the ILSes that exist in real life are there - I even flew the ILS approach to 22R although instructed to fly a visual.

It's just that ATC don't clear me for the proper approach, and I can't select it in the ATC window under "Select another approach".

I'm pretty sure this was possible using the default scenery and the freeware EFHK scenery that I used in the past - the list of available approaches has definitely changed since I installed the EFHK scenery, as it is now 3 pages long, including GPS approaches and other fine things, but only a single ILS approach (for 04R as far as I remember...)

JB

There is a thread in the German support forum about exactly the same problem:

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/64171-helsinki-approach-problem/

Unfortunately no solution offered there either, but goes to show that the problem exist for several users.

Anybody from Aerosoft who would have any comments on this?

JB

Archived