Inputting Wind Aloft Data Into Airbus X Extended

Guest calooom

Guest calooom

Hi all,

A quick question (hopefully). How do you input the wind aloft data into the MCDU so I can get accurate flight and fuel predictions?

I've searched the forums, I've searched Google and I'm fairly sure I've not seen any information in the tutorial guides.

Sorry if this has been covered numerous times (or not even possible in the AXE), but I really can't find information anywhere.

Thanks a lot

Currently as far as I know this is not planned, but maybe we will think about it for the A318/319 series (which will be backwards compatible to the A320/321).

But this is not yet descided.

How am I suppose to fly the 319 from JFK to KSAN if I cannot get good fuel predictions because I cannot account for winds aloft? I don't understand why they didn't add it, it seems to be a very basic thing to add for a "semi-advance" airliners, Winds Aloft is something every airline pilot would put in every flight.

How am I suppose to fly the 319 from JFK to KSAN if I cannot get good fuel predictions because I cannot account for winds aloft? I don't understand why they didn't add it, it seems to be a very basic thing to add for a "semi-advance" airliners, Winds Aloft is something every airline pilot would put in every flight.

So true, it makes the difference between PMDG and contestants.

Hello fakeflyer737,

With the greatest respect, you can't fly the 319 now courtesy of Aerosoft as the 319 (and 318) has not yet been released - only the 320/321. That said I appreciate your frustration but, given the pitch-point of this product was never to the level you are requesting any winds aloft function will be a bonus (this is not a PMDG level product and is not priced as such)

As an average level simmer I have never entered winds aloft in a sim so the Airbus X 320/321 is perfectly suited to my needs - I have no doubt we would all like more and as I progress I suppose I will too but so far as this product is concerned I think it is about right for the money.

If Winds Aloft comes along with the A319 I won't complain but for me it's not a deal breaker - if it is for you, I respectfully suggest you need to look (and pay) for a more complex product....

I hope you take this comment in the spirit it is meant

Dave W

Archived