Alarm on taxi

tonyc

I have had a problem for some time that involves an alarm and red warning message that the spoilers are deployed when I make tight turns as I am taxying to a runway from the stand.

The alarm usually only lasts for a few seconds as I am turning then stops. I am using my joystick to make the turn.

Why does the alarm sound and what can I do to prevent it?

Many thanks

Do you use auto-coordination? Then your yaw-command is tied to the roll-command which deploys certain spoilers to aid rolling the airplane.

You'll need to assign a separate axis to your rudder control to prevent this. (Either extra rudder pedals or a joystick with a separate rudder axis/"twist".)

Do you use auto-coordination? Then your yaw-command is tied to the roll-command which deploys certain spoilers to aid rolling the airplane.

You'll need to assign a separate axis to your rudder control to prevent this. (Either extra rudder pedals or a joystick with a separate rudder axis/"twist".)

Ok Oliver thanks. Unfortunately I only use the Microsoft Side winder Force Feed Back which has integrated twist and roll feature so I guess there is not much I can do at the moment but thanks for the swift reply.

For the moment the warning is triggered just as Oliver discribes. I'm not sure if this is the correct behaviour right now, but I'll investigate a little how it is on the real world Airbus and then we'll see if we can implement this in case we're wrong at the moment. Thanks for the report :)

I'm pretty sure it's a bug, as you would not expect the spoilers warning to be triggered by the flight controls check.

One workaround for the time being would be in the manner we work around the TCAS tilt bug these days:

- Arm the ground spoilers for the checklist to continue (before taxi)

- Disarm them again after the C/L item is passed

- Continue (= taxi) normally 'til line up on the runway

- Arm the spoilers again, aided by the T/O memo (one blue item left until re-arming)

Archived