A nice Flight plan for Tongass Fjords owners

Matt_Smith

So Sitting on couch in the dispatch office at Sitka thinking where to go flying I noticed CAB5 Bronson Creek had an order of 4 cases of Spam and a dozen loaves of bread waiting delivery. Being one who likes a challenge I thought why not. I've attached my flight plan for you to use. Go grab your favourite bush plane/light twin (if you're feeling adventurous!) and come join me for a Spam sandwich at Bronson Creek. Flight time should be about an hour at 140 KIAS, could someone bring the mustard?

post-26298-0-02862100-1364665596_thumb.j

Oh and one more thing, you'll need to arrive before sunset as there's no airfield illumination :lolsign_s:

VFR Sitka Rocky Gutierrez to Bronson Creek.zip

• Deputy Sheriffs

Great idea Matt. Feeling adventurous today I think I'll take the prototype of the Twin Otter. Cross my fingers it will not let me down, it will be the longest flight since it left Skunkworks B)

Sounds like a challenge Eric, Bronson Creek should just about be long enough for a Twotter. Certainly was fun in the Skymaster. Heres a few shots of my approach to Bronson Creek.

b1atN.jpg

R7gK.jpg

abvAc.jpg

• Deputy Sheriffs

Matt,

Can you tell me how to install Tongas Fjords in P3D? I tried to add the scenery manually but I get trees all over the place (where the sea should be).

Eric, make a file called fsx.exe in your P3D folder with p3d.exe is located. To do this you will need to make sure windows is show file extension to know file types. See http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/show-or-hide-file-name-extensions for how to set windows to do that. The use the FSX registry repair tool http://forum.simflight.com/topic/65744-fsxfs9-registry-repair-tool/ When you run this file point it to the fsx.exe you have created in your P3D folder. Now install Tongass Fjords as you would for FSX.

Obviously if you still use FSX on your PC you will need to undo this operation once you have installed Tongass Fjords, by repeating the proceedure only this time using the tool to point back at your true fsx.exe location.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Thanks a lot, Matt, I will try this. In your experience, will this work with all sceneries that do not have a P3D installer, or are there known incompatible ones?

It works with about 90% the only ones I couldn't get that method to work with were the sceneries have use the ASE.DLL to activate them. I could never get the activation to work as intended. Though admittedly I didn't really try too hard :lol:

Off the top of my head its worked with:

All pre Aerosoft Launcher scenery and aircraft,

It should work with scenery using the Aerosoft Launcher too (thought I cant remember at this time, I will check it out the week after next when I get a bigger SSD),

Eric here's a list of everything I got working and any minor problems I found, of course AES light doesn't work in P3D (unless that's changed while I was away?). I'm pretty certain there's some scenery missing from the list, but it would appear my documentation is some what out of date :lol:

African Airstrips Adventures (missions obviously wont work but the scenery does)
Airbus X
Airport Sion X
Andras Field
Antalya X
Aspen X
Balearic Islands X
BeaverX (Gauge issue fix )
Ben Gurion X
Berlin-Tegel X
BN-2 Islander
Bremen X
Bush Hawk XP
Dangerous Airfields 1
DHC-6 Twin Otter X
Dortmund X
Dutch Harbor (strange issue with PAPI and a few scenery objects the move with view point)
Faro X
German Airfields 1
German Airfields 2
German Airfields 3
German Airfields 9
Gibraltar X
Hamburg X
Hannover X
Hawaii Dillingham X
Hong Kong Kai Tak
Huey X
Hughes H-1B
Iceland X
Innsbruck X
Koln/Bonn X
Kos X
Larnaca X
Leipzig/Halle
Lelystad X
Luebeck X
Lukla - Mount Everest X
Luxembourg Airports
Lysander Secret Operations
Madeira X
Maldives X
Manhattan X (P3D installer)
Mega Airport Amsterdam X
Mega Airport Barcelona X
Mega Airport Brussels X
Mega Airport Budapest X
Mega Airport Frankfurt X
Mega Airport Heathrow X
Mega Airport Lisbon X
Mega Airport Madrid
Mega Airport Munich
Mega Airport Oslo-Gardermoen X
Mega Airport Paris CDG
Mega Airport Paris Orly X
Mega Airport Stockholm Arlanda
Mega Airport Vienna X
Mega Airport Zurich 2012
Mexico City & Central
Monastir X
Münster/Osnabrück X
Nice Côte dAzur X
Paderborn/Lippstadt X (P3D installer)
PBY Catalina X
Plum Island
Rotterdam X
Santorini X
Stuttgart X
Tahiti X
Tongass Fjords
Trondheim Vaernes X
US Cities X Chicago
US Cities X Cleveland
US Cities X Indianapolis
US Cities X Las Vegas
US Cities X New Orleans
US Cities X Niagara Falls/Buffalo
US Cities X San Francisco
Venice X
VFR London X
Weeze X

Hey nice one Matt. I've just got my hands on Tongass Fjords last week and wow, what a superb piece of scenery! So today, Easter sunday, after din dins with the two ladies of the house, I'll be following your lead. Do me a favour matey, can you make sure there's at least a beer and spam sandwich left for me on my arrival! Cheers...

Hey nice one Matt. I've just got my hands on Tongass Fjords last week and wow, what a superb piece of scenery! So today, Easter sunday, after din dins with the two ladies of the house, I'll be following your lead. Do me a favour matey, can you make sure there's at least a beer and spam sandwich left for me on my arrival! Cheers...

Wilco, Id say there's plenty of beer in the fridge, but the truth of the matter is, well, I don't think the fridge has worked in in the last 20 yrs. Fortunately OAT is keeping the beers chilled :lol:

Hey Matt, thanks for bringing to our attention this stunning scenery and fantastic part of the world. Here's a quick shot just prior to descent into Bronson Creek...

yQtG.jpg

• Deputy Sheriffs

Matt,

Can you tell me how to install Tongas Fjords in P3D? I tried to add the scenery manually but I get trees all over the place (where the sea should be).

I finally found the answer to this problem (should have looked there in the first place of course). So so far I could not do the flight, but I hope soon it will be corrected. I am waiting for an answer of Holger now.

http://fsaddon.eu/wpfsaddon/?page_id=1055/tongass-fjords-x-forum/trees-and-no-water-problem-in-tongass-x

She is a beaut.......hm.......great shots!

Btw Matt, you and the others are twisting my arm here looking at these shots..... :unsure:

• Deputy Sheriffs

Great piccies of an iconic aircraft eric. I can't wait for it's release, hope it's not long now...

Release is unknown but certainly not soon, as it is still in pre-beta (more or less).

I know it is hard, but please try to be patient. Maybe we should not publish too many screenies ;)

• Deputy Sheriffs

She is a beaut.......hm.......great shots!

You know what? For the first time I realize that your avatar is a Twin Otter approaching St. Barth's!

Archived