Piper Cheyenne

skeating

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi folks,

Yes that looks absolutely fantastic! But then, so does that Baron by another (unnamed) company. Unfortunately, the default GPS made the thing unflyable on my system because of the effect on frame rates.

Please, please let's NOT have another intricately detailed model that no one can run on anything south of a P4 4000!

Cheers,

From looking at the screenshots Noel, it's probably to late for that! LOL

I find the Baron by Flight1 to actually do better than most payware aircraft, so if you have a problem with that one, there is a good chance you'll have one here as well.

We can always hope though!

We have those Lufthansa jobs a ENZV all the time and make sure the pilots have the grey Luftwaffe leather jackets :P 8) That airkraft looks awsome, not my kind either but I'll get me it one time or another.... :D

Best

• 2 weeks later...

Apologies, but I actually prefer very detailed 'pits and VC. There are too many not-so-detailed 'pits out there and I feel we need more highly detailed ones.

Since I only fly with TrackIR and in 1280x1024, VC detail-work is very important to me.

As for the machine, its a game of give and take. If you do not own a dream machine, then highly detailed VC == lower detailed exterior. Personally, I would feel comfortable with such a compromise.

For a plane and a 'pit that looks that good, my credit card is on standby as well.

Well done aerosoft, :D

Ithai

Apologies, but I actually prefer very detailed 'pits and VC. There are too many not-so-detailed 'pits out there and I feel we need more highly detailed ones.

Since I only fly with TrackIR and in 1280x1024, VC detail-work is very important to me.

As for the machine, its a game of give and take. If you do not own a dream machine, then highly detailed VC == lower detailed exterior. Personally, I would feel comfortable with such a compromise.

For a plane and a 'pit that looks that good, my credit card is on standby as well.

Well done aerosoft, :D

Ithai

Depends on your perspective, I have a dream machine and can run anything, BUT I adjust the aircraft to the FS world, not the other way around. I have my FS world setup perfectly for my tastes and will not adjust/change it for any aircraft.

I agree as I fly from the VC and it has to be believable, just being a 3D modeler, modelling every knob, switch, corner is usually not smart modeling, but we'll see how this does as I plan to get this beauty!

Well, you'll notice now that it's now releasing in April, not March. I've been waiting a while for this project, but it's been delayed every month since June. Around the end of the month, they push it back another month. I'm starting to doubt it will ever be here. I'm glad I didn't preorder in June, I'd be having a fit! :?

• Aerosoft
What do you think the time this month you will release this bird?

Cheers,

RIddler

Sorry guys, for this product we are fully depending on the guys who are creating this product, they will deliver when it is done and the dates that are given on our schedule are those that we get from them. Believe me when I saw that we are waiting even more anxiously for this release then any customer ever could.

It will be a very special product, but complex things are often hard to schedule.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I have been waiting for a long time for this one. But I am starting to fell like a horse with a carrot dangled in front of me. Each month the release date is pushed back another month.. then another. I understand complex ventures and all but maybe no release date would be better. I am not holding my breath for the end of April because I did that for the past 4 months or so. Honestly I think it will be a great release, but the dangling carrot thing is starting to sour my interest in the project. Personally I never even announce a product until it is at least 75% finished and then sometimes I wait even more depending on the outlook. I guess every developer is different though.

I agree. I believe the first release date I saw was June 2005, well June's coming around again...

What would would be nice is a movie or two and having the POH / manual to look through.

Guess we'll just keep waiting; what little they've shown us looks very good.

John

I happen to have a few pictures of a Piper Navajo my dad flew in just a few days ago in a trip somewhere in Central America, not sure yet where but maybe Panama.

All the images have been resized from 2848x2136, but I didn't want to post gigantic pictures since it would be hard to look at. If you want the 2848x2136 images you will be charged a $5 fee......hehe J/K, just PM or e-mail me and I'll send them.

• Aerosoft
Personally I never even announce a product until it is at least 75% finished and then sometimes I wait even more depending on the outlook. I guess every developer is different though.

If you would only sell it online and there would be no boxed resellers involved but when you want to sell the box in hundreds of stores all over the world you got to give release schedules otherwise you never get a copy sold. Just like we, these people have to plan. If we only gave them the dates you would find them and then ask us why we did not put it on our schedule. You see it is a near perfect Catch22 situation.

These delays happen, but they are not intentional and are always be be avoided if possible. In this case that was not possible for many reasons, some having nothing to do with the actual developments.

For our products that start out online we try to be carefull and although I have slipped a few days with my teams, it never was a very serious delay.

Mathijs,

I understand how these things go. I was just venting because now with FSX announced and on the way most aircraft developers includig Aerosoft are lowering their prices because they know that there will be updates needed and some products will not be ready for some time after the release.

I just dont want to pay good money for a poduct just to be able to use it for a few months and then have to put it away again for another year or two till an update comes along. :)

• 2 weeks later...
End Of april it´s coming :lol: i like very much this plane is awsome

Regards,

Giorgio

Well, we have 10 days now until the end of April becomes the beginning of May. I am kind of wondering just what will happen here. We shall see. :shock:

Well, we have 10 days now until the end of April becomes the beginning of May. I am kind of wondering just what will happen here. We shall see.

We are of the same mind, Keith. My monies on another delay. I say--June. 8)

I'd love to be pleasantly surprised, though.