If your checklist does not work.

rjord

I have found the following situations can occur with the checklist and the solutions for each are included.

1. If the checklist option is completely grayed out, go to the doors menu and check that the front left door is open. If checklist still does not work, go to aircraft state and select either cold and dark or ready for taxi and when you have power to the mcdu check that the front left door is open. If neither of these two options work, try resetting the flight.

2. Checklist for both pilot and copilot is green and Checklist Prep is orange and turns green when you select it...... however checklist does not work properly. In my case I started the cockpit prep checklist and the pilot made his opening sentence about starting the cockpit preparation checklist but nothing happened after that....the copilot was silent even though copilot checklist was ON. This situation resulted from accidently changing airport and resetting time to system time while I was aligning the gps. This caused the issue with the gps aligning in 3 hours for example and then having to do a cold and dark startup. Even though the plane went through cold and dark setup after that to fix the gps issue it did not fix the checklist as the checklist still did not complete after the pilots first sentence. The solution to this is to reset the flight in fsx menu and change airport and system time prior to starting batteries and aligning gps.

IMPORTANT - As per the manual, never move the plane while aligning GPS. I think this also messes up the checklist and then you need to reset the flight to fix the checklist. This possibly may also occur if you change time while aligning gps but I have not tested that on its own.

3. Checklist works for a time then stops. You need to make sure that you have not turned off the copilot checklist using key "2". Check that the copilot checklist is ON in green. You also need to check that the checklist is not waiting for you to move the flight controls left, right, up and down. Make sure you have the info bar option ON as it will tell you if the checklist is waiting for something.

4. Checklist does not start after cold and dark. Check the front door. Even though it was open before it might be closed now.

Roy

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Roy,

thanks for the advices.

1. There has already been a discussion on this subject. So please see http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/64540-def-cold-and-dark-not-working/. It means there are problems with the AXE "DEF" ACFT STATE on a very few systems if the AXE is loaded as an FSX DEF Free Flight. But this an FSX problem and we do not know how to solve it within the AXE. Maybe in the a. m. topic you find the solution.
  2. The AXE checklist functionality depends on the ACFT STATE because otherwise we do not know where to start from respectively with which checklist. If also only the location is changed it means like it is newly loaded. This is the same with the GPS aligning time for which the FSX system time (plus 6 minutes) is used. So the only advice I can give is: Do not change anything (location, time etc.) after starting the checklist functionality.
  3. You are right. Using "2" the copilot is switched to OFF - but only if "2" is not used for another checklist option like during "Engine Start".
  4. If you load "DARK & COLD" ACFT START the left front door should be automatically opened. So I do not understand how this might have happened. Maybe this is connected to point 1.......

Hanse

Archived