Baro setting

Shaun O'Neil

v1.04 with hotfix 011, landing information set in the APCH PERF page of the left-MDCU prior to initiating descent.

If I have the Co-pilot active on the right-MDCU, when I hit the transition altitude the callout is made for the Baro setting, then the co-pilot pushes the button, then it pauses momentarily (for me to input setting) ... however, if I don't input the setting then the gauge just starts spinning the setting lower and it doesn't appear to ever stop. I have had to turn off the co-pilot each time and afterwards none of the other checklists run at all for the remainder of the descent and landing.

Gentlemen,

Just one question concerning those too much 5000 feet when passing 18000 feet.

Yesterday i lew withe the 737 ngx and experienced the same issue....

I then started fsx again and forgot to load opus weather software and.... Well the issue was gone.... Will test this today with the airbus... But maybe this is another issuea than the ne disussing here ???

I have tried flying without the FO active at all during the flight and that doesn't solve the problem ... the checklists after the transition altitude don't work (I think because the FO gets stuck waiting for the wrong altimeter setting). I will try using Hpa instead of inHg, if that works as an interim fix it would be fantastic!

Not sure how you're finding local altimeter setting (ATIS or 'B'), but once you have set the BARO in inHg, toggle it to Hpa and let the FO do the rest. For APPR I use a conversion table (APP on phone) for InHg into Hpa and plug the Hpa into the PERF page.

I did try toggling to inHg (as per ATIS) after transition altitude CL just to set BARO, but before I could toggle it back to Hpa, it ran away to 27.99, hence the conversion table entering value directly into APPR QNH prior to Transition Altitude.

Hope it works for you.

I tried what you suggested it only works some of the time but what i found is if you are using rex lets say the weather conditions

change and therefor the baro gets miss intrepid and your appr and your landing are not configured correctly thats what is happening

to me... anyways I hope this is getting resolved quickly it sure sounds like it.....because I really miss flying this bird I guess I'm hooked on cp....

You're right, unless you stay on top of it, it's going to be out. Guess it depends on how early you access the destination wx. I normally do it at top of drop, and update the APPR data followed by the BARO as it changes.

• 2 months later...

Archived