PFD/ND displays are "low-res"?

MatthewS

I purchased the Airbus X Extended yesterday (upgrade price since I already had Airbus X).

Seem's like a nice product but the first thing I noticed was how "low-res" the displays are compared to what I'm use to with the PMDG 737NG-X and MD11-X.

Am I missing some configuration option or is this just a limitation of the Airbus X Extended (can't remember how the Airbus X looked since its been a couple of years since it was installed)?

Hi Matthew,

The ND should be relatively crisp, and the PFD a bit as well. If you post a screenshot of what you see, then we can tell if anything is not what it should be.

• Aerosoft

I purchased the Airbus X Extended yesterday (upgrade price since I already had Airbus X).

Seem's like a nice product but the first thing I noticed was how "low-res" the displays are compared to what I'm use to with the PMDG 737NG-X and MD11-X.

Am I missing some configuration option or is this just a limitation of the Airbus X Extended (can't remember how the Airbus X looked since its been a couple of years since it was installed)?

This is how they should look. If they look different on your system you might need to change some settings.

post-43-0-08823400-1359709132_thumb.jpg

This is how they should look. If they look different on your system you might need to change some settings.

Thanks, yes mine look like that. I was assuming they would be very "crisp" like the PMDG NGX (especially when zooming in). I guess PMDG are rendering their own "high-res" displays and Airbus X is using the default FSX "rendering"?

In any-case, the Airbus is nice and has inexpensive upgrade price. Thanks!

• Aerosoft

Thanks, yes mine look like that. I was assuming they would be very "crisp" like the PMDG NGX (especially when zooming in). I guess PMDG are rendering their own "high-res" displays and Airbus X is using the default FSX "rendering"?

In any-case, the Airbus is nice and has inexpensive upgrade price. Thanks!

PMDG renders it at higher resolution, but that causes a far higher load on the CPU and GPU, we tried to avoid that as good FPS are essentials for this aircraft.

Archived