Altimeter setting pilot/copilot fighting?

• Deputy Sheriffs

Easy tiger... You don't have to be rude. I was only asking polite. :-(

Hi Frank,

sorry I did not want to be rude but I maybe was just a little bit annoyed ....... there are so many real support problems on which we want to focus and to help those users but most of our support time is consumed by people who do not know to read but just to write ...... Please except ......

Hanse.

• Deputy Sheriffs

I have found that this doesn't happen when using FSX Clear and Fair weather themes and setting the QNH to 1013 every time.

HI;

this is clear to us because if you use 29.92 and the conversion rate of 33.86531 (real world rate) the rounded result is 1013. It is the same if you use the FSX conversion rate of 33.85695 the result is also rounded 1013....... But if you select other values than 29.92 the result differs and that is currently the problem.....

Hanse

Hi Frank,

sorry I did not want to be rude but I maybe was just a little bit annoyed ....... there are so many real support problems on which we want to focus and to help those users but most of our support time is consumed by people who do not know to read but just to write ...... Please except ......

Hanse.

That's okay, I know that you work hard to find problems.. :-) Keep up the good work.

HI;

this is clear to us because if you use 29.92 and the conversion rate of 33.86531 (real world rate) the rounded result is 1013. It is the same if you use the FSX conversion rate of 33.85695 the result is also rounded 1013....... But if you select other values than 29.92 the result differs and that is currently the problem.....

Hanse

I understand now. Thanks.

I own v1.o4 version you buy just yesterday and I have exactly the same problem, when the FO does automatic passing the transition altitude steady and adjusts the altimeter, this begins, the last digit to change the value, the fact is if you hold down the correct data taking, but logically it is impossible to make an ILS approach in those conditions.

But unfortunately I agree with the fellow who said that enough time has passed since the start of the problem, that has been corrected. Furthermore I question the hotfixes are tested as they are taken out and put on sale, does not give the feeling of a job well done. Although comparisons are odious to the PMDG 737 NGX never happened anything like this and Vds are on the fourth update and still having problems is a shame because it certainly discourages prospective buyers.

A greeting

Furthermore I question the hotfixes are tested as they are taken out and put on sale, does not give the feeling of a job well done. Although comparisons are odious to the PMDG 737 NGX never happened anything like this and Vds are on the fourth update and still having problems is a shame because it certainly discourages prospective buyers.

A greeting

They are tested. The biggest part of this issue here is that none of us have seen this before, and still don't. And still it doesn't affect everyone. Only 10-15 out of how many thousands of users have encountered this issue and talked about it. Hanse says he found the problem, and he's looking to fix it. All you can do is be patient while he works hard to fix it.

They are tested. The biggest part of this issue here is that none of us have seen this before, and still don't. And still it doesn't affect everyone. Only 10-15 out of how many thousands of users have encountered this issue and talked about it. Hanse says he found the problem, and he's looking to fix it. All you can do is be patient while he works hard to fix it.

I understand perfectly, but you feel as if nothing else buy a product, on its first flight, detects this failure and has to travel, many post in search of the solution and that also is not the only one and as I said member, maybe the rest is done without FO automatic, VD congratulate the Developer Product?

And besides, like me who buy the version v1.04 and I have the opportunity to go to a more stable version like v1.03, we were at home watching the plane on the screen, maybe the product would be charged when the fault fixed ?

greetings

• Deputy Sheriffs

I understand perfectly, but you feel as if nothing else buy a product, on its first flight, detects this failure and has to travel, many post in search of the solution and that also is not the only one and as I said member, maybe the rest is done without FO automatic, VD congratulate the Developer Product?

And besides, like me who buy the version v1.04 and I have the opportunity to go to a more stable version like v1.03, we were at home watching the plane on the screen, maybe the product would be charged when the fault fixed ?

greetings

Hi Matrix,

I do not see your point but maybe this is also a problem of translation. The problem came around because some users did not do it the "real" way entering a value - but just by using B from the keyboard. On the real Airbus there is not such a key available. And the problem occured only because FSX (B from the keyboard) uses a wrong conversion rate between inHg and hPa. What we had to do to make B workable was also to use the wrong conversion like FSX. I hope we will not be blamed by other users for that.....

Hanse

Dear, thanks for your reply. I understand what happens and FSX does not use a correct conversion table. But the V1.03 version did not have that problem, moreover, the value is entered by the FO automaticatemente a function of the value of FSX and when it happens this error or bug. Unplugging the FO in the right MCDU value is fixed, but is interference when using this operator that causes the failure.

My question: What will fix it? and when?

greetings

Dear, if reported in the APPR MCDU the correct value or whatever, different from the defaults of 29.92 in passing the transition altitude the problem disappears, what also happens is that from there any value updated in the barometer, this does not translate to the value of QHN paragraph APPR MCDU further easing informing Irlo work manually, but as well the problem is less severe. What I have found is that if you delete a waypoint or VOR in the flight plan, when in route and reported by the DIR to another value, the plane does not take the new route and follow the original schedule.

Another fault detected is that declining to pass the height restriction of 10,000 feet despite taking the value of 250, the plane that altitude passes virtually without decelerating, it is assumed that the plane should fly over the 10,000 level to reduce speed restriction of 250 and not continue to decline.

Another fault detected, once programmed flight plan and chose the CMDU eg a cruising altitude of 25,000 feet and climbing the speed assigned cruise is 300 knots but passes the value section DESC 336 knots, this it is not unreasonable? as the plane starts to decrease when the extent of pitch rises intolerable, so we can set speed, not applying at any time increase in N1 Consequently, the failure is not permitted to alter the value of lowering speed in CMDU. It is not logical that the cross is DESC 300 and 336, or not?

greetings

P.S. The truth is selling a product that has the features defined in the same, this is no longer failures but failures youth programming and testing and I repeat that you are on the fourth update, incompressible.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Matrix,

if you have other topics than the BARO SETTING then please post it into the right section of this forum.

Hanse

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi,

I close this topic because we believe that it has been solved with the release of HOTFIX 011. If there are still things to report then please open a new topic after installetion.

Hanse

Archived