How to Calculate CG

Anthony99

CG - center of gravity. Why would it be changed when changing the ZFW? In real life, as far as I know, pilots get sheets where CG is written according to cargo, passengers, fuel, etc.

• Aerosoft

Curious as to how this is resolved?

Saying CG isn't important is like saying the landing gear is an option.

Is CG modelled? Changing the ZFW should in fact change the CG no?

I am not sure what you mean with modeling CG, of course the Airbus has one. FS aircraft always have one. It's impossible not to have one in fact!

Loading the aircraft with a suitable CoG is the task of ground crew. The pilot only gets a bit of paper with the details. Our loader makes sure the CoG is acceptable. So you do not have to worry about that, just a real pilot does not have to worry about it.

I would not agree with that, Mathijs. Airplane handling, especially on takeoff, can be quite diferent according to different CG. Now we can argue whether FS models this, but for real life, this remains a fact.

I agree that pilot does not have a say in loading as it is, just gets a number.

Anyway, for those interested, when developing a model for AXE into TOPCAT, I wrote a small LUA script which will show you your CG. PM me if anyone wants it.

• Aerosoft

I would not agree with that, Mathijs. Airplane handling, especially on takeoff, can be quite diferent according to different CG. Now we can argue whether FS models this, but for real life, this remains a fact.

But of course, I did not dispute that (at least not intentional). We just put all load on a very limited number of load points and that makes it always balanced in our project.

Yes, well, if the loader loads to CG of 25 +- 1/2, then nothing can be said against the preselected value.

Anyway would it be possible though to change the static value of stab trim setting on TO page to match input CG? I suppose it should not be too difficult to just use a lookup table or a function of stab trim setting ISO constant, but I can not be totally sure of course. This would be beneficial to those of us who load the Airbus differently.

Archived