Low fps FMGS=0 IS NOT THE FIXES

LapCheong

• Aerosoft

Logging=0 and HTML=0 improved FPS a LOT, no question.

Well there is in fact a very big question. Why does this change things for some users and why does it do nothing for others (all testers for example). The only reason we can find is that these process access the disk and that this causes delays in some systems.

Is there anybody using an SSD where this alteration makes any difference?

Normaly i have lowered my fps to 25. I changed it for unlimited for this test, but get no differenz. I have very stable 39,9 fps with =1 or =0 doesnt matter.

So i fact i am very happy with my fps, and did had no reason to change, but wanted to try your settings :)

Well there is in fact a very big question. Why does this change things for some users and why does it do nothing for others (all testers for example). The only reason we can find is that these process access the disk and that this causes delays in some systems.

Is there anybody using an SSD where this alteration makes any difference?

I'm using SSD's. Win7 64 on one and FSX on another. Using the above fix I still get an additional 4-5 frames.

mateus

Here a gain of average 10 fps! Spec is in my signature, no ssd. WIn 7 64bit

What does value 1 do exactly?

Same for me, I was getting low fps (mainly a big stutter once every 5 secs) and the solution above =0 fix solved it.

I also have FSX installed on my SSD,

Jeroenpost, Basically changing the value to 0 = no, while 1 = yes in the cfg file.

I7 2600K OC @ 4.50 Ghz - 8 Gb ram - Nvidia GTX 680 - OCZ Max IOPS SSD

Archived