Cruise level bug...I think

Maxloading

Hi,

I use the copilot all the time(she's really cute) she puts the cruise level at FL280 without any input from me.It means that if I do a short hop at FL220 the co-pilot actions stops as it shows on the info bar: climb to cruise level, although I entered the correct cruise level in the MCDU (I also changed it to FL220 on the FCU). If my cruise level is beyond FL280 it works like a charm.I think the default should be FL 100.

Hats off to those who programmed the co-pilots action ,it is really superb, and an excellent Airbus.

Mery Xmas to you all.

AlainV

Hi. I haven't been able to reproduce this issue. I set a cruise level of FL260 and the checklist function continued once I reached cruise.

Report back if it happens again, and we will continue to monitor it.

HI,

I did another flight and it worked alright provided you amend the FL before you take off.

AlainV

Or during flying you enter the value again in PROG or PERF Page and during CLB/CRZ.

I think MCDU detects the value only during input and then never again, because in the MCDU everywhere correct Flight Level visible but Aircraft do something else until you enter the value again. this may be a bug.

This happens in my case TAKE-OFF STATE reload via MCDU2 after the flight plan completely, i think in this case TAKE-OFF STATE changed the FL to a different value, but MCDU showed still the value set during flight plan was entered.

PS: All this for help an issue or bug to destroy. because I love this Aircraft.

Here is same problem.

Watch the video 08:50 and 12:05-12:40

Regards

• 2 weeks later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs

Hi,

I watched your video and cannot find anything which was going wrong (maybe that you programmed the MCDU before loading the TakeOff Aircraft State). The cruize level was first set in the MCDU to 26.000 feet (INIT A page) and also on the FCU. Then you reached this altitude and were flying on cruize level. The TOD marker appeared (white arrow showing down) and you started to descent. You also mentioned "Watch the video 08:50 and 12:05-12:40" and could not find anything unnormal......

Please try to explain again.

Hanse

Archived