TOD issue after Hotfix 21/12/12

Jaggo

Hello again,

I did a test flight today and had a TOD issue again.

Flight was from EDDS to LEPA on following route: ROTWE Y126 TUBLO N850 NATOR UN850 EVANO UM984 DIVKO UN852 VERSO UL129 LUNIK

The selected SID was ROTWE5B from runway 25

The selected STAR was LUNIK1P via CDP for ILSY 24L

Everything looked fine on the TOD calculation before take-off, and thereafter in cruise. However as I flew online on VATSIM, ATC instructed me to go direct VERSO just short behind NATOR. A good shortcut and I appreciated it.

Then I reviewed the approach planning and saw that my TOD was now 180 miles before VERSO and the speed contraints shown on the following points had values like 1149 and so on. And in addition the waypoints D20 and CDP had a planned altitude of 1350ft, which was not a constraint by the STAR itself and not inserted by me.

Reselecting STAR and Approach did not solved things.

It became worse a few minutes as ATC gave me a direct LUNIK, which let the TOD pop up just before my nose and I was about 200 miles before LUNIK.

From my observations, the TOD didn't recalc correct, was always the first waypoint in the F-PLN after the direct was executed.

You need to review the vertical calculations of the bus. Still not optimal.

Jakob

Hi. Thanks for your report. Whilst the hotfix has resolved some issues we are aware that further work is still required and this will continue to be looked at by the developers.

Hi. Thanks for your report. Whilst the hotfix has resolved some issues we are aware that further work is still required and this will continue to be looked at by the developers.

I love to help doing further flights. It looks like that if the route is not being modified by a direct, TOD calculation is quite ok, ever after changing some ALT constraints. However Directs mess up something.

Ok, this is weird. Doing just another flight.

Route: EDDH-EDDS - IDEKO Y900 TIMEN UL126 OSBIT G5 TOSTU T726 LBU // FL3504

SID: IDEKO4C

STAR: NONE

APP: ILS25 via LBU

Looking through the Route I have found the waypoint LBU10 (This is just 14 miles before touchdown, calculated to FL248. The waypoint LBU should be crossed at FL244!?

Changing the constraint results in NOTHING. The TOD is not being recalculated. Every entry (constraint at other waypoints or LBU10) does not result in a change of the vertical path, presented in the MCDU.

See screenshots 1 and 2 (inserted constraint)

Changing the constraint at LBU to FL80 did result in NOTHING. No recalculation. See screenshot 3

Now I did a direct to LBU after deleting the ALT constraint, just to see what might happen. The TOD stayed at the approx same slant distance to LBU, but the MCDU still showed LBU to be passed at FL246 (20 miles from touchdown), See screenshot 4

Altering the ALT contraint at LBU, result in some adjustment to the TOD. But it can't be monitored correctly by the pilot. Because the MCDU just presents not believable values.

At the end I must say. That TOD calculation seems to work more or less, It depends a lot on the STAR contraints, the distances at the arrival and other factors.. But the presentation on the ND, in regard to the MCDU are not the same and at the end, hard to be monitored by the pilot. You need some clue to decide: Is this bus going the right way in the descent, or am I just wrong. I love to fly the bus, but just can't sit here with my Aristo Aviat and doing all the calculations. The things you see in the MCDU and the ND should represent the "expected". And this should be than reviewed by the pilot and corrected if needed.

So the intepretation of the NAVDATA needs to be checked as well.

post-6674-0-67289300-1356184607_thumb.jp

post-6674-0-70086900-1356184619_thumb.jp

post-6674-0-25176100-1356184631_thumb.jp

post-6674-0-12643300-1356184642_thumb.jp

Archived