Topcat

Aprilia 4 Ever

Can anybody come up with a way to get the A321 to work in TOPCAT? It shouldn't be too hard, should it?

Ehm. Do you have any idea what TOPCAT is, what it does, and how?

It is quite hard, actually. Borderline impossible might be a fitting expression.

Since I am having problems with getting airborne before the end of any runway, I wonder what I am doing wrong. I use TOPCAT with the Wilco A320 profile and load fuel and payload via the Aerosoft fuel planner. Once in the aircraft, I check the figures and I always see the correct amount of fuel is in the tanks, but the MCDU always shows a much higher ZFW (something around 10, 15 tons more). I change that by hand with the entry of /XX.X, using the figures shown in the Airbus Fuel Planner. Even though that states something like "fuel and payload loaded" it may not have been the case. So, maybe I am always taking off with MTOW?

Check your weight with Fuel and Payload tab in FSX. Also make completely sure you use a correct technique and method for your takeoff.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ehm. Do you have any idea what TOPCAT is, what it does, and how?

It is quite hard, actually. Borderline impossible might be a fitting expression.

Check your weight with Fuel and Payload tab in FSX. Also make completely sure you use a correct technique and method for your takeoff.

Yeah it takes values you set for the aircraft, and after you enter all your flight data, it computes figures for optimum takeoff etc based off of said data.

Why would I be asking for an A321 profile if I didn't know what TOPCAT did?

I'm not a programmer so I don't know how hard it would be to make a profile for the 321. But you say impossible. OK, thanks.

Well, sorry to be so blunt, but since I do have an idea of the amount of work involved, and number of people asking for, nay, demanding this or that be done immediately, if not sooner, I tend to snap a bit in cases of "how hard can it be?".

The very fact that you dont know how hard it would be, and you still say "It shouldn't be too hard, should it?" is the offense, since if you looked through TOPCAT forums, you would notice two things:

-It is practically impossible to obtain needed performance data for Airbus planes as Airbus does not make performance manuals available (to their customers, let alone to public)

-Even if TOPCAT team obtained the data, the amount of data is staggering. A manual I have, for a 737, contains not less than 150 pages of tables and graphs for takeoff data, and that is just one type with one engine choice.

There was a talk of partially opening the data format couple years back, but nothing came off it, so, no way of anyone making a profile but TOPCAT team, so even less chance there, since they (at least we are said so) work on PFPX.

Well, sorry to be so blunt, but since I do have an idea of the amount of work involved, and number of people asking for, nay, demanding this or that be done immediately, if not sooner, I tend to snap a bit in cases of "how hard can it be?".

The very fact that you dont know how hard it would be, and you still say "It shouldn't be too hard, should it?" is the offense, since if you looked through TOPCAT forums, you would notice two things:

-It is practically impossible to obtain needed performance data for Airbus planes as Airbus does not make performance manuals available (to their customers, let alone to public)

-Even if TOPCAT team obtained the data, the amount of data is staggering. A manual I have, for a 737, contains not less than 150 pages of tables and graphs for takeoff data, and that is just one type with one engine choice.

There was a talk of partially opening the data format couple years back, but nothing came off it, so, no way of anyone making a profile but TOPCAT team, so even less chance there, since they (at least we are said so) work on PFPX.

Nevermind. An adult conversation about this topic will not be possible with you. I asked if it was possible, a simple "no" would have worked instead of insults.

Archived