Topcat

Aprilia 4 Ever

Which Airbus of the existing Topcat calculator fits best to the new extended?

Maybe some of the Tester or developers can pass some information of the extended like

DOW

MZFW

MTOW

MLW

so that we can edit one of the extisting airbuses

best regards

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

completely agree!! i really would like to know the operational limits for this bus, so i can either make my own loadsheet (just for the feeling of having one in hand) or use topcat to help me out a little, of course if aerosoft considers that using topcat would actually hurt instead of help, then there is nothing more to say here.

You can load the Payload via TOPCAT; but not the Fuel, its not possible to load the Fuel without Payload in the Plane with ouer Fuel Planer. So its necessary to load the Fuel internal over FSX.

We recommended to load the Fuel always over the external Fuel Planer, wrong fill up can cause many Problems, dont know if i want see this, Sorry

You can load the Payload via TOPCAT; but not the Fuel, its not possible to load the Fuel without Payload in the Plane with ouer Fuel Planer. So its necessary to load the Fuel internal over FSX.

We recommended to load the Fuel always over the external Fuel Planer, wrong fill up can cause many Problems, dont know if i want see this, Sorry

do you have a topcat config file for the ab x extended?

+1 This would be great!

AXE seems to require much more runway than other Topcat Airbus models. It would make flying a lot safer if we had an AXE Topcat file :)

Here is an (nonscientific) test I conducted to show what I'm referring to:

Takeoff KSAN runway 27. Winds 354 @ 0 knots, temperature +15, qnh 1013 millibars.

Payload: half of everything, (pax, cargo, fuel) => takeoff weight: 145 300lbs.

Config: flaps 1, FLEX temp +15.

I did a TOGA takeoff (while using all of the displaced threshold) and the A320 lifted off with about 1000ft of runway left. This is my estimate from the fact that RAAS announced "300m" just before liftoff.

I then fed the same numbers to Topcat and here's the results I got:

N1: 89.2 (AXE: about 88.6)

V1, VR, V2: 133-141, 141, 144 (AXE: sorry, forgot to write these down)

Expected runway margin: 3900ft (AXE: about 1000ft)

In this test AXE TOGA performance equaled Topcat's FLEX +61 takeoff with flaps 1 config.

Hopefully some one else has time to do a similar test so we can compare :)

Keep up the good work!

What profile are you using to load xtended on topcat?

Not sure if this question was directed at me, but I used the Wilco profile for my test.

However, Patrick hinted that a Topcat profile for xteded might be doable in the future.

For Take Off calculation, it does not matter, which profile is loaded, configs are only for Cargo and Fuel loading

I did not know that, thank for the info!

If T/O calculations should work "out of the box", could you please take a look at my the KSAN post on this thread (if time allows)?

Topcat estimated that I would use 5500ft of the 9400ft runway. Takeoff woud be "shortly" after the crossing the half way mark of the runway.

In my test, I almost went off the end of the runway with wheels firmly on the ground. Was my result caused by an operator error, or is this caused by design differences between AXE and Topcat model of the a320?

For Take Off calculation, it does not matter, which profile is loaded, configs are only for Cargo and Fuel loading

Patrick, so you are making a profile. Thank you in advance.

Not sure if this question was directed at me, but I used the Wilco profile for my test.

However, Patrick hinted that a Topcat profile for xteded might be doable in the future.

Thank you, will see it.

Which Airbus of the existing Topcat calculator fits best to the new extended?

Maybe some of the Tester or developers can pass some information of the extended like

DOW

MZFW

MTOW

MLW

so that we can edit one of the extisting airbuses

best regards

Hi,

For the A320-214

MZFM: 60500 kgs

MLM: 64500 kgs

MTOM: 77000 kgs

Some have lower MTOM's than this. the -212 has 73500kgs.

Kind regards,

Martin, A320 F/O

Hopefully some one else has time to do a similar test so we can compare

Anyone? It takes about 3 minutes to complete this test:

1) AXE a320, at KSAN, default FSX weather, runway 27.

2) from the right MCDU select: aircraft state "Ready for flight"

3) for payload and fuel, but half of everything (using the dedicated AXE tool)

4) Program route for a GPS direct from KSAN to KSFO (for flaps, either flaps 1 or flaps 3, to get the V-speeds)

5) Execute a full throttle (TOGA) take off (either flaps 1 or flaps 3)

6) Make a note of the estimated runway still available at liftoff.

* For flaps 1 takeoff, you should have about 1/3 of the runway left. (Topcat V-speeds 137, 141, 144)

* For flaps 3 takeoff, you should have about 1/2 of the runway left. (Topcat V-speeds 139, 139, 148)

Eager to hear results as I'm constantly struggling to get airborne before the end of the runway.

I'll answer myself :)

Here's two (flaps 3, TOGA) takeoff points (red X marks the spot) for different a320s simulations. I shall call them Airbus a and b.

Airbus a:

post-71988-0-47918800-1356195743_thumb.j

Airbus b:

post-71988-0-60606600-1356195776_thumb.j

Both took off between taxiways B7 and B8. This should give them a takeoff roll between 6 325 and 7 430ft.

Topcat predicted takeoff roll: 4 780ft.

In flaps 3 scenario, the simulated Airbuses TOGA performance equaled Topcat Flex +58 takeoffs. Your milage will vary, but this is nice thing to remember when taking off shorter runways.

Archived