Engine start issue

Fahrenheit005

Hi all,

Second time today i can't start the engines

First i load the Cold and Dark state.

then the normal procedure, Apu Bleed On, Apu On, Engine Master mode ot IGN/Start, and first master engine 2 to on, but nothings is comming.

any one have this bug too or I make a mistake in my procedure ?

Regards

Karim

Hi all,

Second time today i can't start the engines

First i load the Cold and Dark state.

then the normal procedure, Apu Bleed On, Apu On, Engine Master mode ot IGN/Start, and first master engine 2 to on, but nothings is comming.

any one have this bug too or I make a mistake in my procedure ?

Regards

Karim

You have to manually turn the X Bleed knob to Auto.

That should solve the issue.

Hi,

Do you have a custom default flight?? If so try loading the original Friday Harbour flight then exit the flight (not the sim) and set up for your Airbus trip.

Let me know how you get on.

What language version of FSX do you have?

French

Maybe something to track the issue,

When i set power to my aircraft, ( by GPU)

My radio was not working ( can't change the frequency) and every lights not working ( Nav, Beacon, Strobe)

i'll try your suggest Chaders

Ok, i made another test,

I set up my trip, just make a quick test if engine is starting....Ok, Lights is Ok and radio is working

20minuts after, during pushback, Radio not working, lights not working and engine not starting...

This is definitely associated with loading a saved aircraft position. I did this and had the same problems as described above. You definitely need to start FSX with the default flight before changing to your departure airport when you can select your Airbus X Extended. If you do this then all the problems above disappear. I've just tried again and it now works perfectly.

Hi all,

Have made 2 test flight by testing the trick's to load the default flight with the trike, then select the airport and finaly, take the Airbus X Extended...

It's working, engine is starting normaly,

Any fix for that ?

Regards

Karim

PS, Mopperle, I have red that and fix it as well

I´m not sure if there is a connection between these errors but each time the engines dont start I have also problems with ATC. That means that I am not able to communicate with the FS ATC....

I have not seen problems with engine starting during the beta test, nor have i heard from the others .

The fact that your radios and lights didn't work either suggests an electrical problem, that may or may not influence your engine starting.

Please install this update, and see if it helps with your problem. http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/60646-hotfix-1-211212-now-available/

Also note that Chaders' earlier suggestion of loading the default Friday Harbor flight first *is* known to help avoid a lot of problems like these, not just with the Airbus X Extended, but with a lot of other add on aircraft as well.

Archived