A/THR and Managed Descent

Eisa Godoussey

1st question. Is there anyway to disengage / engage A/THR using SHIFT+R on the keyboard or something?

2nd question. When in managed descent mode, isn't there supposed to be a magenta circle beside the altitude tape showing you how you're doing on the FMGS profile descent?

Thanks!

Eisa

1st) Autothrottle can be disengaged using the FCU button or an LUA script/FSUIPC assignment.

2nd) It is actuallly a green bug that will indicate it, and is possibly for the first service pack.

1st) Autothrottle can be disengaged using the FCU button or an LUA script/FSUIPC assignment.

2nd) It is actuallly a green bug that will indicate it, and is possibly for the first service pack.

please help me how to create an key assignment on FSUIPC.. I've tried via "key press" section chossing some key and selecting the action "autothrottle arm" to be taken when pressing that key, but nothing happened; FSUIPC have there just two possible commands related to autothrottle.. autothrottle arm and TOGA... I don't know how to do

(my FSUIPC is registered)

thanks a lot!

Hi,

this does not work without a little help from Lua since there are no controls or offsets that can be set.

In the modules folder under your FSX folder create a text file called AXEATHR.lua

Place the following code in there:

if ipc.readLvar("L:AB_AP_ATHR") == 0 then

ipc.writeLvar("L:AB_AP_ATHR",1)

else

ipc.writeLvar("L:AB_AP_ATHR",0)

end

Now go to FSUIPC in the sim and create a key press (or button - whatever) and in the Control drop-down look for Lua AXEATHR. Assign this (confirm also with keys) and with every keypress the ATHR should toggle on/off without the button sound though - check the PFD for ATHR status.

BTW - if FSX is running while you are doing this then reload all assignments first or it might not show the Lua script in the drop-down.

Kosta

In one of the service packs, could please add support for the Shift + R (the default FSX autothrottle)? It would remove the need to create aircraft specific profiles. Thanks!

Archived