FTX England

• Deputy Sheriffs

Didn't expect anything else. But I'm still concerned about the compatibility, not only to FSG, UK2000 but the whole of Europe. Because when seeting FTX in FTXCentral ON, you can not fly in the rest of Europe, because all landclasses are mixed up. And that's not really funny.

Works fine wiht FSGlobal 2008 on P3D. Cant speak for compatibility with UK2000 airports. I bought their VFR Airports and they were terrible. I returned the disc to the shop I got it from for a refund as Duxford was abysmal and Cambridge not much better and promised never to waste another penny on UK2000. Otto I will let you know how it works with trans EU flights. I plan to try it out with a flight to Toulouse .

• Deputy Sheriffs

Matt, since you are a 'local', maybe you can answer my question:

Is the Orbx England scenery 'realistic' (meaning it resembles the real world topo), or is it more a 'plausible world' like default FSX and XP10?

Did you find your home? :)

Yes Eric it certainly is realistic. I was flying using CAA charts and dead reckoning. Though I do have prior knowledge of the areas I've shown. I did my PPL at Stapelford and have flown many cross country flights to the likes of Lydd, Shoreham, Norwich etc. If you dont have access to a CAA chart, a road map will work very well. I found the cross roads where I live in a small village modelled just through following roads :lol:

• Deputy Sheriffs

Otto I will let you know how it works with trans EU flights. I plan to try it out with a flight to Toulouse .

Interesting would e.g. to see, whether all the lakes and rivers are were they should be. This was one of the problems I encountered when flying in "default" FSX areas with other add ons, while FTX was set to ON.

Otto, I will give it a go. Any specific places you would like me to check? I will have to compare lakes and the likes with google maps as unfortunately my geographical knowledge of Continental Europe goes as far as what country is where :lol:

• Deputy Sheriffs

Otto, I will give it a go. Any specific places you would like me to check? I will have to compare lakes and the likes with google maps as unfortunately my geographical knowledge of Continental Europe goes as far as what country is where :lol:

Let's do it this way: give me your planned route and I will give you some landmarks to look for. Are using UTX Europe are plain FSX?

Let's do it this way: give me your planned route and I will give you some landmarks to look for. Are using UTX Europe are plain FSX?

Otto this evening I will fly Manston direct to Toulouse. Then Toulouse direct to Paderborn either tonight if I have time or tomorrow. That should cover a large enough sample of Europe. Its just vanilla P3D.

I purchased this morning and its excellent! The night lighting is awesome and during the day England looks very realistic!

It most certainly is. Beats the hell out of photoreal scenery. Never mind DCS World, give me FTX World :lol:

For those intersted I got the Airfield Construction Groups Duxford working as well as possible with FTX England. Theres some small belnding issues and an elevation issue to the south east side of the aerodrome. Neither of which are immersion killers (the PC in front on me does that quite well :lol:). Pics are worth a thousand words:

Top Down view

duxford01.jpg

duxford02.jpg

Shows the elevation issue

duxford03.jpg

All I did to get here was install duxford useing the Default/VFR option in the installer. Then I removed the following files from:

\\P3D\Addon Scenery\ACG IWM Duxford FSX\scenery

Duxford1.bgl

Duxford2.bgl

Duxford3.bgl

Duxford4.bgl

Duxford5.bgl

Duxford6.bgl

Duxford7.bgl

Duxford8.bgl

Easy peasie lemon squeezie

Sorry to bombard your thread Matt but i cant believe the solid framerates im getting with this fine product!

The level of detail is amazing, i just took off from Liverpool JL and had a mooch around Southport where the MRS is from and she spotted her mums area!

Even she was impressed when usually all i get is "Yeah ok darling this is your hobby remember"

• Deputy Sheriffs

With regard to UK2000, a couple of the screen shots from the product page on the Orbx/FTX site show some comparisons The specific ones are 27-32.

Mine is still downloading, so won't be able to fly until this evening. I first want to do an adventure flight out of HelgolandX to respond to a guy on another thread, and then it's off to England. Thanks for the observations on the frame rates and realism factor, guiys.

Sorry to bombard your thread Matt but i cant believe the solid framerates im getting with this fine product!

The level of detail is amazing, i just took off from Liverpool JL and had a mooch around Southport where the MRS is from and she spotted her mums area!

Even she was impressed when usually all i get is "Yeah ok darling this is your hobby remember"

You want to be careful there, the Mrs might try to push you out the way :lol:

TH2G ;)

Nearly ;)

how do you get that wide looking shot :) like that

Running 2 GTX580's in SLI allows me to use Nvidia Surround Vision. Which essentially fools the computer into seeing 3 displays as a single display. So rather than having 1920*1080 I have 5760*1080. It does of course absolutely hammer system resources when using P3D/FSX or any other sim/game.

DSCF9109.jpg

Matt_Smith hello there bud! i hope you are ok ;)

so my quastion is this FTX england is compatible with my GEX and UTX ? caus i have GEX Europe and i use the FTX just for lights effect nothing more :P oh and i also have almost all UK2000 airports :P and all airbases "military", i have read that ORBX scenerys are not compatible with UTX and GEX dno if this will be a case , i allrady use the ORBX FTX New Zeland south and North, and also the full USA gold, blue and many more like rockie mountains, and have no any conflicts but since this one is in Europe dno if it will conflict :((( can you help me ? if it will not conflict i will buy this baby ! :P want the full UK to rock in my sweet gatwick ! love that airport! and liverpool also is amazing ! damn i like them all ! hehe :)

Best regards BanditOne! oh guys and check my Repaint in downloads section for F-16 USAF 156FG Bucaneros :D rate and have a funn

I dont use UTX or GEX seeing as flight1 are so touchy about their software being used on P3D. But its not great loss, neither are that great. From what I have seen FTX England doesnt conflict with te default European scenery.

Archived