Fairbanks FS9

sonebone

I landed on the left runway and was directed across the center to the terminal as I was passing through the center where the lake is there was a whole clump of trees all over the taxi way. How can I get rid of this? Thank you.............

I'm having the same problems. The scenery is awesome, but the tree filled taxiway between the two runways is horrible. I wonder if others aren't having the same issues?

I have FS9, XP SP3.

Mike Franks

Is it a difference if you start your Flight at Fairbanks or if you arrive from another airport like Anchorage?

Or do you have these trees every time and haven't seen PAFA on your sim without these trees?

Ciao,

Rainer.

• Developer

Hi,

the problem could be caused by the Fairbanks FS9 exclude. I had to "open" a relatively wide area around the airport reference point

to keep the TWY/RWY surface smoothings of the FS9 AFCAD. When using a different landclass it could possibly happen that trees will appear at that site.

Please try this little BGL file (should go into FairbanksFS9/scenery) and report if trees are gone or if unexpected side effects occur.

Thorsten, sim-wings

PAFAexcludeAutogenCenter.zip

PS: This is nothing more than a little poly with flipped normals placed 5m below ground to surpress the autogen

I'm curious if you have Ultimate Terrain Canada / Alaska installed. And if so, do you have the Fairbanks scenery above it? I'm running FSGlobal 2010, all of the Ultimate Terrain progies, and NextMesh on WindowsXP, and not having those issues at all....CLICK HERE

• Developer

Hi Mike,

can you tell me which other add ons you´re using at alaska? (Like UT Alaska, FS Global, Landclass Add ons etc..)

I have to reproduce it here at may PC to find the culprit and the solution

And BTW: Did you set Fairbanks above all other possible add ons for that area like Zbaby mentioned?

Thorsten

These are the only add-ons I have: Flight Environment 2004, Ground Environment Pro, and FSGenesis mesh. I've removed the mesh and it's still there. The FSGenesis mesh for FS2004 doesn't cover Alaska, but I deactivated all my mesh just in case.

Thanks for your help.

Mike

• Developer

OK, thanks. Could you give this new AF2 (Afcad) file a try? I added an exclude area within the afcad file excluding only the autogen at that

area. Please backup your original AF2_PAFA_1.bgl file at Fairbanks/scenery first and then replace it with this one.

Thorsten

PS: Note to all AI editors: Don´t use AFCAD to edit this file, as AFCAD will remove the exclude. Use AFX instead or better: Dont touch it :-)

PAFA_editedAFXwithExclude.zip

Thorsten,

I didn't work. Nothing has changed. The trees are still in the same location. Is there anything else I can do on my end? Any setting changes? I've removed the mesh.

I appreciate your help,

Mike

Hi Mike,

could you please post your scenery.cfg file? And is it possible to contact you by e-mail? Please message to my account.

I like to do some tests with you but don't wish to share such testfiles. Maybe I have an idea how to overcome this problem.

Ciao,

Rainer.

Hey, who cut down my trees? :excellenttext_s:

Thank you Rainer! That did the job. I appreciate the great customer service. You worked the problem until resolved. As you can see in the attached photo, from the same spot as my initial photo, the trees in the taxiway are gone.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/254/pafatreesupdate.jpg/

Mike Franks

You're welcome Mike. Please be so kind and do some testflights with all your other sceneries installed. I have forwarded the file to Thorsten.

@Sonebone: Please give me a message with your e-mail. Then I'll send you the file to see if it works in your case too.

Ciao,

Rainer.

This is the file. If someone has problems with these trees then put the attached bgl into the "aerosoft\Fairbanks Terrain without UTA\scenery" directory. Same if you have UT installed. Then of course the other Terrain-directory.

If we're not having a tree issue, do you still recommend adding this .bgl file to its respective folder? I'm running Ultimate Terrain Alaska...Thank You :confused_s:

• Developer

If we're not having a tree issue, do you still recommend adding this .bgl file to its respective folder? I'm running Ultimate Terrain Alaska...Thank You :confused_s:

No, there is no need for that fix.

Archived