Missing Buildings!

F/O Dave

Terve Antti,

Thank you for your quick help. I checked it; it was originally set at 1024 but I put it at 30. Unfortunately it did not help, I still see the floating roof. I also noticed that docking bridges are partly gone and there are strange vertical columns here and there without any structure to be supported. Keeps looking like an activation problem, although it is indicated that this has correctly occurred.

Moi

Lennard

• Verified Developer

Lennard,

That was a wrong entry, change it back to 1024.

The one I meant is under [Display] section, and is written exactly as TextureMaxLoad=30

It's a bit confusing since there are two entries with the same words.

EDIT: Also do you use AES, and if yes, is it the topmost entry in the scenery library?

Dear Antti,

I just looked at the FSX.cfg and saw that the item you mentioned is already at 30...I do use AES too, and it is indeed on top in the scenery library...So unfortunately it does not solve the problem.

Best

Lennard

• Verified Developer

Lennard,

I have no idea why you don't have these objects you described, but it could be that there is something installed to your FSX that messes up some core elements such as shaders. Another (though more unlikely) option would be that something in your hardware is malfunctioning, or you have bad drivers.

I know this is not something any of us like to do, but sometimes a completely new clean install of FSX is in place.

• 1 month later...

Hi Antti,

Merry Christmas! I have never been able, unfortunately, to solve the problem. But also without the three buildings the scenery is usable. However, I found out today that when I do check DX10-preview (which I normally don't), the buildings suddenly all appear and in the correct places. Disabling DX10 also results again into the buildings disappearing. Does that give you a clue as to what might be the culprit?

Thanks

Lennard

• Aerosoft

Hi Antti,

Merry Christmas! I have never been able, unfortunately, to solve the problem. But also without the three buildings the scenery is usable. However, I found out today that when I do check DX10-preview (which I normally don't), the buildings suddenly all appear and in the correct places. Disabling DX10 also results again into the buildings disappearing. Does that give you a clue as to what might be the culprit?

Thanks

Lennard

Not really, other then that the advise given in November still is valid. it seems some of the files used by DX9 (shaders?) have an issue. Did you ever did any tweaking of the cfg etc?

Beste Mathijs,

Yes I have altered my CFG via the venetubo.com website, however I have already tried deleting it again and having FSX make a new one. Unfortunately it didn't change anything (except resetting all my settings, obviously) and also updating my graphic card driver and updating DirectX did not help. I guess I will have to live with it since reinstalling my complete FSX setup will take days if not a week...However it keeps being strange because it is really the only addon for me, of many, with this kind of problems.

Best wishes

Lennard

• Verified Developer

Hi Lennard,

When you say switching to DX10 makes the buildings appear, it gives me a clue that there is something wrong with your FSX (or DX9) shaders. You said you have tried re-installing DX, but did you try re-installing FSX, or remove any add-on shaders you have installed and restore the default ones?

We have not been able to reproduce your problem and I don't know what add-on or shader replacement/corruption would cause this, but I'm pretty sure it has something to do with it.

Dear Antti and Mathijs,

Thank you that was actually the golden hint, I solved it! I never (consciously) tinkered with shaders as I hardly know what they are or what they do, but after googling on shader problems I read on a forum that it helped for someone to reinstall FSX SP2. I did the same and now everything is there, all buildings! Indeed I noticed that a new set of shaders was installed when I executed the re-installation of SP2. So I am very happy not to have to reinstall the complete FSX.

Thank you very much for your help - the scenery is definitely awsome and it is a wonderful aspect of the Aerosoft-community that you want to personallly help everyone out with their problems until all is solved.

Kiitoksia paljon/bedankt!

Lennard

• Deputy Sheriffs

Lennard, thanks for sharing what worked for you and pin-pointing the key issue identified. This is the way to help someone else if the problem crops up again.

• Aerosoft

Dear Antti and Mathijs,

Thank you that was actually the golden hint, I solved it! I never (consciously) tinkered with shaders as I hardly know what they are or what they do, but after googling on shader problems I read on a forum that it helped for someone to reinstall FSX SP2. I did the same and now everything is there, all buildings! Indeed I noticed that a new set of shaders was installed when I executed the re-installation of SP2. So I am very happy not to have to reinstall the complete FSX.

Thank you very much for your help - the scenery is definitely awsome and it is a wonderful aspect of the Aerosoft-community that you want to personallly help everyone out with their problems until all is solved.

Kiitoksia paljon/bedankt!

Lennard

Yeah!

good to know it is solved. You got no idea how many problems we got from these tweaks.

Archived