Low resolution textures at Corfu, not right...

rocky

OK, so I bought Corfu X some time ago, but only yesterday did I decide to do some GA flying up in the north of the island. To my surprise, I found when I got close to the mountains and in fact probably 1/3 of the entire north side, the resolution is abysmal. To my eyes a million miles away from 1m pixel res as started in the advertising blurb Photo real texture (0.5-1.0m resolution) for whole Corfu Island

There are a couple of possibilities either it has been incorrectly installed, although I find this highly unlikely or it has been advertised as being 1m res for the whole island without Aerosoft being aware of this issue. Certainly the scenery is specifically marked off in straight lines where the scenery files meet. On one side there is the obvious 1m res terrain and on the other scenery, that is very blurred. Either way I would be interested in hearing any comments. Thanks guys...

• Upvote 1

• Deputy Sheriffs

Howard,

does this occur always at the same point?

I experienced something similar with other sceneries, because FSX couldn't load the textures in time. This primatrly happend during low level flights with fast aircrafts.

The whole island is indeed covered in 0.5-1.0m/px resolution. There are however certain small areas where only 2.0m/px resolution was available. The difference would be almost impossible to make out from that height.

What you are seeing there is far far, far lower resolution than that. So, in other words there is nothing wrong with the photo-terrain itself.

Can you refresh/reload the scenery at that location? Does the blurry ground go away?

Do you have other add-ons affecting the terrain, UTX, GEX?

I also found the same thing as Howard. Its quite interesting really, it streaches in a straight line from that point out to the coast. I will try to get a screen shot of it this evening.

What you are seeing there is far far, far lower resolution than that. So, in other words there is nothing wrong with the photo-terrain itself.

Sorry Emilios, I don't understand what you mean. There is obviously a problem with the scenery as it can clearly be seen as a distinct line running through it. Any hardware issue, driver issue or cfg problem would affect the whole picture and not be defined to a straight edge within the scenery which remains a constant on every flight. I have just redownloaded the scenery from the Aerosoft site and reinstalled it again. The picture clearly shows, once again, the problem. This time with 0 autogen, so there is no question of delayed loading of scenery tiles. This issue runs along the whole of the NW side of the island. I am interested to hear from others who can confirm this... BTW: Cheers Matt, I'll wait to see your screenie...

1882012_7_27_15_37_1_453.jpg

Hmmm, this is not good, especially as the product is advertised as being the whole island in 0.5 - 1.0m res textures. It effectively makes any GA flying of the north side of the island completely pointless :( I'm sure the guys at Aerosoft were unaware of this issue when they took on the product (or was it produced in house?) either way, I am very interested in hearing what a satisfactory conclusion may include.

• Deputy Sheriffs

I'm sure, Emilios will have a look into this and tell us what's going wrong.

And he meant, that the scenery itself should be OK, but somthing prevents it from beeing displayed correctly.

• Upvote 1

OK, Ive mapped the line pretty much. it seems to extend past the shores of Corfu. If follows a more or less north - south route with a few corners along the way. Caution attached pics will be large (5760*1080 large)! But for convenience they have the co-ordinates on them. All taken from a stock Perpar3D with no other scenery installed other than Corfu X, reloading the scenery has no effect. HTH

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

Well you know Howard, I kind of went off on one and it was quite interesting following what I thought was a straight line zig zag across the island. The best part by far was actually landing that egg whisk on the beach near my last pic. Usually my egg whisk landings are confined to a county :lol:

• Aerosoft

These lines are nearly impossible to get rid of. I got them on one of my machines more often then on the other one, using the same files. So the data that is send to the graphics system is identical but it is not interpreted the same. I have seen these problems far more often on expensive graphics cards.

I will have the product page changed as the text there is indeed no correct.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Mathijs, so you want to say, that it is Ok what we see?

Can't believe that especially when reading Emilios comment.

It might be OK, that those lines can't be avoided, but even Emilios suggested that the resolution is far below what it should be.

:confused_s:

• Upvote 2

Mathjis, I respect you dearly, but blimey what do you mean These lines are nearly impossible to get rid of They should not be there. There is clearly some problem that needs to be addressed. The product is substandard, and I would have thought it reasonable to ask if something can be done to eradicate the anomoly in the form of a patch or update. Apart from anything else, it taints an otherwise great scenery product.

Let me 'correct' myself here and apologise for the confusion over photo-scenery resolution

Without knowing the coordinates of the first screen, I assumed we were talking about the central or southern part of the island, or the approach path, or at least the greater area surrounding the airport itself. My bad, as it was correctly pointed out in the first post that the screen refers to a part north of the airport.

Now, those areas I mentioned are indeed covered by 0.5-1.0m/px resolution, and with 2m at times, when the former was not available. As Mathijs said, the text was not correct to point to the whole island, but rather a good two thirds of it, mostly concentrating around the main focus of the scenery, the airport and the approach path to it.

Emilio my friend, those textures which are completely blurred are no where near 1m, 2m per pixel or probably not even 20m per pixel! I understand that not everything works as we would want things to work, but if it is possible to correct this anomoly without too much angst it would be good.

Hi Howard,

The 0.5-1m/px resolution is referring to those areas I mentioned. As said before, indeed the whole island is not covered with that higher resolution, but rather a good third of it.

The rest of it is covered with lower-res textures. Well let's not be excessive here, I have just checked again, exactly 5m/px is what it is. That was done for many reasons, one of them being the bad, or incomplete, aerial coverage at the time of development.

I do understand that some confusion was caused by the incorrect text on the product's feature list pointing to the whole island, while it was only meant for most of it, that is the southern part and of course the greater area surrounding the airport.

It's sounding very much like, it is what it is. OK, well thanks for the feedback Emilios, but as I said, if it could be fixed in an update that would be good. Cheers...

• Upvote 1