"Fatal error occurred", again...

Trevo711

Hi Shaun,

Last night I finally tried the suggestion to load a flight with the default Cessna, then try a flight with the Airbus...FSX experiences the CTD and the Fatal Error.

I am interested in helping to solve this issue, but would like to be able to use what I paid for as well....again, I know this issue is not global, but it appears to be impacting a good enough amount of people.

Hi Shaun,

Last night I finally tried the suggestion to load a flight with the default Cessna, then try a flight with the Airbus...FSX experiences the CTD and the Fatal Error.

I am interested in helping to solve this issue, but would like to be able to use what I paid for as well....again, I know this issue is not global, but it appears to be impacting a good enough amount of people.

Hello Robert,

Unfortunately there lies the problem, there are plenty of solutions but seems that not all work for eveyone.

I want share my observation:

about 2 weeks ago I purchased Airbus X at PCAviator. The provided download link pointed me to a file which was version 1.21, I activated my purchase at Aerosoft's update page and downloaded the update to version 1.22. I installed version 1.21 and updated it to 1.22 and had the same problems of practically all kinds which have been desribed by many users on many forums.

Yesterday I uninstalled Airbus X and re-downloaded the file, but this time the above link pointed me to a full 1.22 version. I installed it and since than I do not experience any CTD, can change aircraft without problem and close FSX normally.

Maybe updating an already installed Airbus X to a newer version creates some mismatch whilst the single installation of the full last version is cleaner.

My OS is Win7 64 bit, FSX is installed on a separate Raptor drive

Peter

I want share my observation:

about 2 weeks ago I purchased Airbus X at PCAviator. The provided download link pointed me to a file which was version 1.21, I activated my purchase at Aerosoft's update page and downloaded the update to version 1.22. I installed version 1.21 and updated it to 1.22 and had the same problems of practically all kinds which have been desribed by many users on many forums.

Yesterday I uninstalled Airbus X and re-downloaded the file, but this time the above link pointed me to a full 1.22 version. I installed it and since than I do not experience any CTD, can change aircraft without problem and close FSX normally.

Maybe updating an already installed Airbus X to a newer version creates some mismatch whilst the single installation of the full last version is cleaner.

My OS is Win7 64 bit, FSX is installed on a separate Raptor drive

Peter

That is EXACTLY what I did Poochy. I reinstalled and the CTD seemed to of disappeared. HOWEVER, the CTD started occurring once again after a few days/weeks :mecry_s:

Is there any plans by Aerosoft to look into or fix the issue which is effecting a lot of their customers Shaun? Its a fantastic product but it seems I have wasted my money... :/

Hi Trevo

HOWEVER, the CTD started occurring once again after a few days/weeks

Yes, unfortunately same here ...

I am now checking my DLL.XML if maybe the GPS Module has a clash with another declared module. No results yet, still testing... BTW do you have one of the ORBX' ObjectFlow.dll in your DLL.XML ?

Ciao, Peter

All,,

It seems this problem is legit (for a good many people)...I keep stating that my system was brand new from Alienware, with a fresh copy of FSX installed only 2 weeks old and I immediately got the error.

Can Aerosoft please tell me what my options are with regards to perhaps getting another product to download so that I can have some enjoyment please?

I'm not bitter, but I don't believe, given the anecdotal evidence, that this is a problem unique to my system.

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

It appears Aerosoft are unwilling to look into the problem. I have recently looked elsewhere for a solution and have contacted Justflight regarding the problem, as they are now selling the product. They have contacted me straight away and are taking time out to find a solution, which will hopefully appear on their impressive support site if the a solution has been found. Promising stuff at the moment!

I did report all of the potential problems & systems you guys have reported to experience the CTD on to the support staff.

I will keep everybody updated as I'm itching to fly the product just as you all are!

Trev

It appears Aerosoft are unwilling to look into the problem. I have recently looked elsewhere for a solution and have contacted Justflight regarding the problem, as they are now selling the product. They have contacted me straight away and are taking time out to find a solution, which will hopefully appear on their impressive support site if the a solution has been found. Promising stuff at the moment!

I did report all of the potential problems & systems you guys have reported to experience the CTD on to the support staff.

I will keep everybody updated as I'm itching to fly the product just as you all are!

Trev

Hello Trevor,

It has been pointed out many times that this problem does not affect the majority of people so its hard to pinpoint the issue.

Hello Trevor,

It has been pointed out many times that this problem does not affect the majority of people so its hard to pinpoint the issue.

Hi Shaun. I do understand but its so frustrating. I'm just waiting on Justflight if they can get any leads into this mysterious problem.

Would there be anyway to get a refund to spend on another Aerosoft product of the same value if a solution can't be found?

Thanks anyway,

Trevor

• 2 months later...

Please can I chime in here also. I have THREE computers in my home - two well above average machines and 1 more basic but still capable of reasonable FSX performance (two are actually for my spoilt kids...). When Airbus X would not work on my uber-PC - Fatal Error crashes at random but especially when ending a flight, I tried on my other two computers, one after the other (so no, I am not infringing on any licensing issue!!!) and the same thing happens on all of them.

So recently I upgrade one of the other two PC's and redownload the Airbus X from Aerosoft V1.22 just incase the bug lay in the original download. This now installed on a perfectly new fresh formatted PC with again, a well above average spec and guess what - CRASH! Now I know Airbus X has been around for a long time and hey, when I first purchased it (probably more than a year ago) I also raised it on these forums (bet if you search you will find my old posts somewhere...)

Damn, Aerosoft make some brilliant FSX software and I own a bunch of it from aircraft to amazing scenery, BUT Airbus X is FAULTY. Just because some can run it and some can't, does not make it right. It should be taken off the market until it is fixed.

PC-1 specs:

Win 7-64

6GB DDR3 RAM

GTX 680

Core i7 CPU @ 3.6GHz (and Airbus X also falls over with standard clock setting)

This PC runs PMDG aircraft in dense scenery with REX and other bells and whistles and NEVER falls over. Only Airbus X!

PC-2 specs

Win 7-64

8GB DD33 RAM

GTX580

Core i5 3230 3.0 Ghz (not o/clocked)

Fresh upgrade and clean install of Windows, FSX etc (And yes I know how to install FSX and all addons properly from scratch - Maybe I could write the book :glare_s: )

Very frustrating! :mecry_s:

Very frustrating! :mecry_s:

Hey Greg, it is a known issue that Aerosoft could not figure out. BUT, there is a new Airbus on the way, called the Airbus X Extended. Hopefully this issue will not be present in the new one, and if you're interested, you can follow the progress on this thread here: http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/49292-airbus-x-extended/page__st__2120

• 4 weeks later...

I bought the airbus today 30 minutes ago on the account of Jul4th sale and my fsx FATAL ERRORS on me (didn't get the discount on the airbus for some reason) ..bought innsbruck and gibralter, I installed them

I started FSX and then I changed the aircraft to the the Airbus (Lufthansa) ...it kept spinning.,..the aircraft was not loading. after waiting for like 10 min, i killed fsx.

I started FSX and loaded the default aircraft (the small thingi) went to aiport Gibraltor (later on at Innsbruck) then changed the aircraft to Airbus (Aerosoft's), it looked good ...for ike 2 minutes..I took off and climbed to 2000 or so feet and the FSX quits on me.. FATAL> same thing i did at another airport and after a while FATAL

so just to see its not my pc, I loaded up the PMDG 737 NG and no problem what so ever!

sigh!

Manny

Win 7 64bit - IBrdige 4.5Ghz 8gib memory, GTX 670

New build, fairly new clean install

There is a new version coming up and I had to go buy this today? there is no return option...is there? Normally I buy Aerosoft products without much thought.or concern. This is my first bad experience. I feel this item has not been tested sufficiently under win 7 64 bit os.

• 4 months later...

Just add my 2 cents...i too have Airbus X running on FSX using Windows 7 64bit. When arriving at an AES airport and shutting down engines on gate arrival, it takes roughly about 2minutes before FSX crashes to desktop by which time the air bridge has attached. I know Airbus X has a very odd and weird CTD bug that as far as i last read some time ago was never fixed, but how am i meant to enjoy AES and Airbus X when all you ever get are CTDs on engine shutdown!?

Archived