Bronco development history - the politics!

Snave

Given that Aerosoft seems to have the `ear` of the Bronco enthusiasts - including the original designers - I wonder whether a `what if` addon package might be of interest much further down the line?

Piglet already did the OV-10T light transport, and of course there's lots of previous payware history in `what if's`. so.... what if the original plan and development hadn't been mucked about with by committees, bureaucrats, bean counters and self-absorbed politicians? 20ft wingspan, recoilless rifle with modded blast tube and magazine hopper? perhaps even a simulation of the proposed OV-10X..?

Don't s'pose there was any thought about this product developing into a `family`, but I think we can all detect a sniff of `more than the sum of its parts` based on the initial reception to the Bronco!?

Nice read, I always loved the Bronco and there was talk that Boeing was contemplating bringing it back. Another fictitious but somewhat believable role would be that of a commercial Fed EX light cargo aircraft seeing how Frederick Smith the CEO of Fed Ex had over 200 missions under his belt in a Bronco. Slap a cargo pod on the bottom of the fuselage plus the internal volume it already possesses and it's not inconceivable to picture it delivering cargo in Alaska or any other remote location.

Indeed, one of those aircraft that has a seriously weird history. Reminds me a lot of the A-10 Warthog.

In the words of Kosmo Kramer " Giddy Yep " agreed. That's the same impression I got when I saw it. So I purchased it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk