Cutting It Close - A Must See Video!!!

Woow, he/she was really lucky that he survived this. That could easily have ended in a different was!

But next time you may want to post the video in the dedicated forum but I think you should know this ;)

Looks to me like a pilot showing off for the camera, which is really stupid.

Looks more like a CG and/or payload issue to me - the tail stayed on the ground for an awfully long time, and when the pilot attempted to rotate, judged by the frantic up elevator, there was no response. Fat bastard in the back, golf clubs in the luggage compartment or some other ferretingly dumb mistake leading to overweight condition, I'd guess.

Either that or the engine wasn't developing full power, and the pilot should have spotted that almost immediately and aborted the t/o even before the plane reached the cameraman.

• Aerosoft

Looks more like a CG and/or payload issue to me - the tail stayed on the ground for an awfully long time, and when the pilot attempted to rotate, judged by the frantic up elevator, there was no response. Fat bastard in the back, golf clubs in the luggage compartment or some other ferretingly dumb mistake leading to overweight condition, I'd guess.

Either that or the engine wasn't developing full power, and the pilot should have spotted that almost immediately and aborted the t/o even before the plane reached the cameraman.

It also looks pretty hot. For sure it's an issue that should have been avoided BEFORE take-off.

Not sure the pilot had a lot of options though, it's a downhill take-off those are rather hard to abort when you are on grass and heavy.

• Deputy Sheriffs

after watching the video mutiple times i can say that i absolutely don't see any flaps used, the planes tail did lift a bit but by far not enough. I think 2 things didn't go well, payload management and the flaps that weren't used.