AFS 2012...

janda

Hi,

We are six month`s to 2012... and still lack of any info about...

When Aerosoft is going to tell anything..? few days before launch?

or project is in "pattern holding" and waiting for FLIGHT from MS is going to be?...

brds

Martin

Hello Martin,

They may have more news after the weekend but sure Mathijs will mention it if they do.

great to hear Shaun!

brds

Martin

According to the German FS Magazin, the AFS 2012 project is on hold for now.

Will be a pity if this turns out to be true. AFS2015 anyone?

According to the German FS Magazin, the AFS 2012 project is on hold for now.

Greetings

Tim

Where you saw this notice... I`cant find it..

is it all they said?

brds

Martin

Hi Martin,

Where you saw this notice... I`cant find it..

is it all they said?

you can find the notice in the April/May issue on the lower right-hand corner of the editorial. According to Mr. Groner, Aerosoft has decided to concentrate its resources on X-Plane 10.

Greetings

Tim

• Aerosoft

Hi Martin,

you can find the notice in the April/May issue on the lower right-hand corner of the editorial. According to Mr. Groner, Aerosoft has decided to concentrate its resources on X-Plane 10.

Greetings

Tim

That´s a bit strong. But it is a fact we are working very hard to get a lot of our products converted and we will sell and support Xplane 10 seriously.

What MS is doing does not interest us a lot. What we now know make it unlikely that this is a proper sucessor to FSX seen from the kind of customer we aim for. Might change of course but right now we do not have any resources on projects for MS Flight. AFS is most certainly not cancelled, it is discussed a lot and a lot of our internal developments are adapted for it. The biggest problem remains the engine. We are simply not able to find any that does all we want and is handled by a big enough partner. So it´s not on hold, but it is not moving at warp speed.

ok

so my dream and great expectiations about new and fresh Flight Sim platform is nearly dead..

it`s too long for discusion and looking like for me - sorry for my iritation.

brds

Martin

So it´s not on hold, but it is not moving at warp speed.

Nice diplospeak Mathijs! :rolleyes:

So AFS2015 is about right then?

so my dream and great expectiations about new and fresh Flight Sim platform is nearly dead..

There are already two flight simulators on the way in 2012. That can hardly be called a dream nearly dead.

There are already two flight simulators on the way in 2012. That can hardly be called a dream nearly dead.

Konrad .. :)

My dream is focus on Aerosoft platform only..

brds

Marcin.. :)

• Aerosoft

2015 most certainly seems to be a better schedule!

Aerosoft is going to be one of the main distributors of Xplane 10, it is one of the biggest projects we are working on in the second half of this year. Not only the release itself, but we are also converting add-ons to Xplane, are doing new installers that can handle Linux Windows and Mac etc. It would not be right if we would now push a direct competitor to XPlane. So even if we would be working flat out on it, we would not say so right now!

We are first of all a content company, we make stuff and then export it to a platform (FSX, FS2004, XPlane, professional sims etc). So strange as it may sound, the moment we find a suitable engine, creating a new sim is not that hard. What you will see from Aerosoft later this year are smallish stand alone sims (also flight sims) that are just about one train, one train route, one aircraft type etc.We hope that with these smaller products we can get fresh users into the facinating world of simulation. We really need a new generation of users that are willing to tackle the complex stuff.

• Upvote 1

Well then, here's a toast of [insert preferred beverage here] to Xplane 10 being a stable enough platform to handle such a large influx of (complex) 3rd party addons. :cheers_s:

Correct me please if I got this wrong but it seems to me that Xplane 9 became a stable enough platform for some devs only once most of Laminar had moved onto Xplane 10 development and stopped incessantly tinkering with v9?

Mathijs, what about having some of these Aerosoft smallish stand alone sims in versions for tablets/ipad? Seems to me that this is one of the best ways to get new gen users both interested in sims and then potentially migrating to the desktop in search for more...

What you will see from Aerosoft later this year are smallish stand alone sims (also flight sims) that are just about one train, one train route, one aircraft type etc.We hope that with these smaller products we can get fresh users into the facinating world of simulation. We really need a new generation of users that are willing to tackle the complex stuff.

Hmm... Sounds very interesting. So you will make stand-alone flight sims with just one aircraft? How extensive will the scenery coverage be? How complex will the simulation be? I'd probably jump at the chance to buy a realistic simulation of a light GA single. Any more info you could give us about this would be really appreciated.:) But if you can't tell us any more right now, that's OK.

Hmm... Sounds very interesting. So you will make stand-alone flight sims with just one aircraft? How extensive will the scenery coverage be? How complex will the simulation be? I'd probably jump at the chance to buy a realistic simulation of a light GA single. Any more info you could give us about this would be really appreciated.:) But if you can't tell us any more right now, that's OK.

Theres a whole forum dedicated to this project should be further down the main forum index.

Theres a whole forum dedicated to this project should be further down the main forum index.

Thanks!

• Aerosoft

Well then, here's a toast of [insert preferred beverage here] to Xplane 10 being a stable enough platform to handle such a large influx of (complex) 3rd party addons. :cheers_s:

Correct me please if I got this wrong but it seems to me that Xplane 9 became a stable enough platform for some devs only once most of Laminar had moved onto Xplane 10 development and stopped incessantly tinkering with v9?

Mathijs, what about having some of these Aerosoft smallish stand alone sims in versions for tablets/ipad? Seems to me that this is one of the best ways to get new gen users both interested in sims and then potentially migrating to the desktop in search for more...

To early to know about the stability of Xplane 10 but rest assured that a stable code base to work on was one of the main topics of discussion! But I am not afraid of that, Austin and the people around him are far more organized then before.

Having smallish sims for the iPad is not at all a bad idea, but the iPad 1 just does not have the horse power and there are not enough iPads2 around at this moment to make it feasable. But it is most certainly being looked at!

• Aerosoft

Not more info now, but I will let you know asap when we got some defined plans.

Btw, this weekend I heard from some customers that they were a bit concerned we would no longer do FS2004 and FSX projects. We said it before but that is really not the plan. FSX is still by far our biggest platform and we are sure it will stay that way for at least a year. And FS2004? Well, there is no company who has released more FS2004 products then Aerosoft in the last 24 months and we intend to keep it that way.

• Upvote 1

Not more info now, but I will let you know asap when we got some defined plans.

Btw, this weekend I heard from some customers that they were a bit concerned we would no longer do FS2004 and FSX projects. We said it before but that is really not the plan. FSX is still by far our biggest platform and we are sure it will stay that way for at least a year. And FS2004? Well, there is no company who has released more FS2004 products then Aerosoft in the last 24 months and we intend to keep it that way.

Thanks, Mathijs. I'll be waiting to hear more.

Nice to hear that you'll still be working on projects for FSX, since that will probably be my main platform for a while to come.

X-plane would be a totally rad experience if I could use all my European airports from Aerosoft. Type of thing that might attract more of my business as I'll definitely be getting more value if I get the Xplane version too. I just hope when people get Flight they go "why in the world did I even wait for this" and switch over to the more advanced XP10 engine :) I honestly think people are getting hyped over the wrong sim.

I'd like to switch from FSX to Xplane 10 because it supports Mac OsX, but I'll only change if Aerosoft converts its scenery products for xplane 10.

I read that Aerosoft is converting some products at the moment, can someone tell us, which?

• Aerosoft

I'd like to switch from FSX to Xplane 10 because it supports Mac OsX, but I'll only change if Aerosoft converts its scenery products for xplane 10.

I read that Aerosoft is converting some products at the moment, can someone tell us, which?

Our priority is on the Mega Airports at this moment. Aircraft are also looked at (but we know there will be some very high end aircraft available soon.

Our priority is on the Mega Airports at this moment. Aircraft are also looked at (but we know there will be some very high end aircraft available soon.

I hope you convert Madeira to Xplane-10. Thats one of my favorite scenery products Ive bought from Aerosoft !

And don't forget the new Katana ! Hopefully you can fix the backlighting of the gauges so you can take advantage of the new lighting that Xplane-10 has !

2015 most certainly seems to be a better schedule!

Aerosoft is going to be one of the main distributors of Xplane 10, it is one of the biggest projects we are working on in the second half of this year. Not only the release itself, but we are also converting add-ons to Xplane, are doing new installers that can handle Linux Windows and Mac etc. It would not be right if we would now push a direct competitor to XPlane. So even if we would be working flat out on it, we would not say so right now!

We are first of all a content company, we make stuff and then export it to a platform (FSX, FS2004, XPlane, professional sims etc). So strange as it may sound, the moment we find a suitable engine, creating a new sim is not that hard. What you will see from Aerosoft later this year are smallish stand alone sims (also flight sims) that are just about one train, one train route, one aircraft type etc.We hope that with these smaller products we can get fresh users into the facinating world of simulation. We really need a new generation of users that are willing to tackle the complex stuff.

Have you looked at Outerra lately ?

http://youtu.be/MrlVSAiu4Ag