Well uhh....

Skkuda

Ok.....After a smooth taxing I found myself checking the instruments ....but in the moment that I was about to start the take off run......suddenly the engine stops!

While trying to start it again and he refuses to do so........I feel like an idiot watching this poor guy aborting his landing......

Embarrasing situation that I promest to avoid in the future beacause Im going to RTFM as its intended to be!;)

3571.jpg

Only reason that I can think of is did you drain the water from fuel tank. Maybe the fuel have some water and that creeped up and the result is engine that do not want to ignite.

look at the tutorial how to drain the water

http://forum.aerosof...-fuel-tutorial/

Yes indeed that I need to look at it for sure........Big thanks!

Getting the engines started is very easy in the Katana and really quite basic... There is not much you have to do to get things working: batteries and gen on (right click them to operate them as one button), make sure the fuel valve is open, full prop, fuel pump on, start the engines (I always turn on the position lights just before starting, but obivously that's not needed to get the engines running): that's about it: it's no Airbus...!. To go from parked to to start only takes a few seconds.

However... this is only a fact when all systems are okay. So if you are having problems getting the engines started or if they stop just like that, you probably need to do a walkaround and, if nothing special comes up, do some maintainance. You don't really need to read the manuals just to get the engines started, but you do need to read the manuals to make sure the engines CAN start... or to find out why they won't anymore.

...check the fuel tap down by your right knee...

Er... that can hardly be the problem after a smooth taxi...-_- Maybe the tank is empty (although I can't imagine he would have missed THAT!), but with the fuel valve shut you won't be able to taxi... afaik... (Did I catch you on a mistake there...? :P Or did I miss something... again...? ^_^ )

I knew what I said would catch someone out would catch someone else out...

...check the fuel tap down by your right knee...

Ok...I Suddenly realize that I cant take this bird for a ride when I lacks the time to check everithing its ok :D

Actually you can.

Just check the appropriate QUICK START selection and you need never have to excuse finding the time to do anything, except read the manuals, becasue of you break it, it will take time to fix...

Actually you can.

Just check the appropriate QUICK START selection and you need never have to excuse finding the time to do anything, except read the manuals, because of you break it, it will take time to fix...

I did a 'Go straight to taxiing' tab. I felt like a CHEAT! In a very short time I've come to expect to do a walkround.... It just doesn't feel safe not to! :lol:

I did a 'Go straight to taxiing' tab. I felt like a CHEAT! In a very short time I've come to expect to do a walkround.... It just doesn't feel safe not to! :lol:

LOL Yeah, I also don't trust those easy states... ^_^ My favorite state is parked, because that's how I always leave the plane, but when I have time enough this weekend I will do that random parked one, where someone else has been using the plane and you REALLY have to check EVERYTHING before you can take off: verrrrrrrry nice state that is! Maybe I won't fly at al and load that state everytime after fixing things four hours and hours.......... naaaaah, maybe not... -_-

However... this is only a fact when all systems are okay. So if you are having problems getting the engines started or if they stop just like that, you probably need to do a walkaround and, if nothing special comes up, do some maintainance. You don't really need to read the manuals just to get the engines started, but you do need to read the manuals to make sure the engines CAN start... or to find out why they won't anymore.

Er... that can hardly be the problem after a smooth taxi...-_- Maybe the tank is empty (although I can't imagine he would have missed THAT!), but with the fuel valve shut you won't be able to taxi... afaik... (Did I catch you on a mistake there...? :P Or did I miss something... again...? ^_^ )

I guess fuel in the fuel lines after the shutoff valve is simulated! When the fuel lines are dry the engine stops :P

Similar to the Spitfire, you can shut off the fuel stop cocks in that one and taxi in. The engine will start to run rough after a couple of minutes, upon which you pull the idle/cut-off...

There is quite a lot of fuel in the lines...

Did you have a fuel pressure warning even with the pump on?

Andrew

Er... that can hardly be the problem after a smooth taxi

Developer asks Pilot: How long does the engine run, if the fuel shut-off valve is closed?

Pilot: From parking to the runway.

You see: I have done at least this point very well... :D

Developer asks Pilot: How long does the engine run, if the fuel shut-off valve is closed?

Pilot: From parking to the runway.

You see: I have done at least this point very well... :D

LOL Awesome! smile.gif

I once had an ignition switch failure. Since the Katana doesn't have a mixture control, the normal way to shut off the engine is to ground both ignition circuits (ignition switch to off). My only other option was to shut off the fuel supply. At first that didn't work either! There I sat, trapped in an airplane that wouldn't stop. I couldn't open the canopy since it might get damaged in the prop wash. After a few minutes, the engine finally stopped!

Rotaxes sip fuel.

During beta phase I had a bug in the starter key that was not movable anymore. As I was working on this issue, a nice guy on skype told me that his father just did an emergency landing because the starter switch was hanging on his real airplane... :o