The boards ideas for Andras Field in 2011

OleAndreasen

Here is a list of the boards ideas for Andras Field in 2011

Short term ideas

Getting the plot sales going again

First sell the Heli-plots - (about time) and then two "normal" plots every second week until we are out of plots in Andras Field (Paul has this started - Heli-plots on sale right now)

Getting the online events going again on a daily basis, like in the end of 2010. (Matt is on that already)

Getting the Flight School revived. (This has proved a difficult task, as the instructors - also the ones in VAE has gone AWOL. so if anyone knows about someone who would care to instruct others in the difficult task of flying - please mail Ole)

Gettting the daily communication with the users going again. Please place questions, comments, funny remarks, chat - whatever - on the forum as more life creates more life..... Everybody can contribute here.

Long term idaes

Creating a new taxiway (Taxiway Echo for now) and building a number of flats/condos for people who wants to be part of Andras Field as owners, but dont need a space for their airplanes on the plot. (parking space will be provided close to the flats)

Creating a second runway - parallel to the existing one. This to make landing and take-off possible at the same time, and creating a cool fly-in possibility, AND to brag - lets face it. We want two runways - because we CAN! biggrin.gif

Building an ATC system in Andras Field, so real life persons can great you and direct you to- and from Andras Field using the two runways, or the water- and the glider rwys. as well of course. Please write to Ole if you would like to be part of that.

Building a terminal on the airfield, for all Virtual Airlines using Andras Field as base Airport.

Very long term ideas

Building of Andras Field USA

• 2 months later...

Ole,

Iwas one of the original Flight instructors for andras field Im still around and interested in doing it i believe it was the chief flight instructor who went AWOL

Ole,

Iwas one of the original Flight instructors for andras field Im still around and interested in doing it i believe it was the chief flight instructor who went AWOL

cfronze

Thank you very much for this. Much appreciated. biggrin.gif I´ll contact you via reply to the mail you sent me, soon as I have talked to the rest of the board. We are busy flying round the world at the moment, so things are a "bit" slow back in AF, rolleyes.gif but we need you my friend, so please stay around.smile.gif

Building an ATC system in Andras Field, so real life persons can great you and direct you to- and from Andras Field using the two runways, or the water- and the glider rwys. as well of course. Please write to Ole if you would like to be part of that.

Ole,

I remember there is a Germany based, 24/7 server in FSX Gamespy that has an automated ATC. Basically a computer controlled ATC that talks (be it "computery") and gives out adventures/flight plans if you wish to use that.

This kind of software is probable freeware. I'll try to find the server tonight, it might be something useful, don't you agree?

Ole,

I remember there is a Germany based, 24/7 server in FSX Gamespy that has an automated ATC. Basically a computer controlled ATC that talks (be it "computery") and gives out adventures/flight plans if you wish to use that.

This kind of software is probable freeware. I'll try to find the server tonight, it might be something useful, don't you agree?

Anything over silence is a step forward. Please find and report. biggrin.gif

Well when I get settled back into home life I can always take up the challenge of ATC.

In gamespy, Freeflight lobby: HippyHappyGermany. Server info says: "24/7 dedicated Server with automatic english ATC. Type !help to see all commands.

Do NOT spawn on runway. All details on www.FSXTools.de".