Huey X: Initial release Issues

Hi again Mathijs,

I have posted in this forum and the Airbus X forum with a slight problem but received no advice. I have the CH USB throttle working well with the Huey and have the Z axis is assigned to engine No1.

When I now load the Airbus the CH Throttle it only operates the LH engine and I don't know how you assign both engines to the controller.

Paul

Hello Paul,

Please see this post here.

I noticed something rather stange with the Huey last night. When editing some textures I had made for it, I was getting the unregistered message. I exited the sim and checked the launcher which reports registered. Rebooting machine and then starting the sim up cured this.

What I did to make this happen: Created a new texture loaded up in sim for testing. Edited an individual texture file, then reloaded the sim to test. Which is when I get the unregistered message. This happened twice that I remember when editing _001.dds and _002.dds

I noticed something rather stange with the Huey last night. When editing some textures I had made for it, I was getting the unregistered message. I exited the sim and checked the launcher which reports registered. Rebooting machine and then starting the sim up cured this.

What I did to make this happen: Created a new texture loaded up in sim for testing. Edited an individual texture file, then reloaded the sim to test. Which is when I get the unregistered message. This happened twice that I remember when editing _001.dds and _002.dds

I have been having something similar.

I get 'unregistered version box' around the helicopter on any external view, in sim, when editing textures.

However it goes away when going back to the Menu screen viewer, which unfortunately is not very good for using to view changes.

The 'box' also blocks external viewer programs like FS Repainter and FSX Model Viewer.

Once again I will ask, can this issue be addressed, please? :mad:

EDIT: (And yes, I have activated it through the 'Aerosoft Launcher' as well.)

• Upvote 1

Hi,

I have me too some problems with my rudder pedals ! Pedals doesn't work in the VC and when I take off I can't turn (the helicopter turn a bit but by sequence and it turns always in the right side).

The FSUIPC was installed automaticaly when I installed FSCopilot and FSInn. I'm NOT registered in FSUIPC and I never programmed my joystick and my rudder pedals in it (I can't). I always setup the joystick and pedals in the default FSX.

Do you have any ideas ?

Thank you very much

Diego

If You use a unregistrated version of FSUIPC the it won´t cause You any troubles.

It is only if You have a registered version of FSUIPC AND use it for axis assignement and calibration with the option "Send direct for FSUIPC calibration" that You need to do more than step 1-10.

But ensure that You select the right controller in the FSX controller setup page when assigning axis'

Finn

Vertical velocity gauge

on the left gauge i see a sinkrate when the Huey is on the ground. The following pictures are taken while the Huey was on ground.

Jaeger

edit:

the Gap at the doors, from Post 97, is in other versions too - like the german 73 + 78. You can reproduce it with TrackIR when you lean back and then look left or right to the door.

post-37585-050003200 1296913137_thumb.jp

post-37585-002697000 1296913152_thumb.jp

All I can say is I have just thrown away a heap of money on something that is rubbish. I am definitely going to buy DODOSIM products from now on. I will never buy any Aerosoft products again.

Since when does one have to always assign axes, all my other products work like they should, until I buy this piece of ----.

Well feedback like this makes it extremely hard for us to helpout.

Please post what isn´t working for You and we might be able to make You happy again.

Problem today is that customers expects more and more from the addons, even past what FSX can deliver itself.

So to make customers happy we need to add custom coded stuff that not always can be assured to be 100% complient with other addon applications.

If we had released the Huey with a "tweaked" default Bell 206b flightmodel, just like 95% of other developers do, then we would have been flamed too.

So..

There is all the other freeware as well as payware helicopters based on the default Bell 206b.

Then there is our Huey X with the custom coded enhanced flightmodel, wich has been prooved to be accurate within what can be expected by a simulator by realworld Huey pilots.

Next step - or rather a different highend helicopter is the Dodosim Bell 206, wich also is costs a good deal more.

Finn

Vertical velocity gauge

on the left gauge i see a sinkrate when the Huey is on the ground. The following pictures are taken while the Huey was on ground.

Jaeger

edit:

the Gap at the doors, from Post 97, is in other versions too - like the german 73 + 78. You can reproduce it with TrackIR when you lean back and then look left or right to the door.

You are right...

the VSI on the rightside is out of calibration, bt that refelcts the exact same thing as we found on the real Huey we used as reference.

And it still flies with it !!

The issue with the gaps is known - but thanks for reporting.

Finn

Today i managed to get the sling working and i had a nice flight. After dropping the load, watching my heroic work from the outside i saw to my surprise the Huey in a black box... uhh? no registered copy?? HELLO?

erm.. i have a registered copy. Altering a flight file, activating the Sling/hoist feature of the Acceleration pack, causing a copy protection response is a bit too much. I hope this gets soon a fix, especially as flying with a slingload is for me a major fun factor with the Huey.

BTW, it would be a nice feature if Aerosoft could include some presafed flights with slingload, similar as the presafed flights in the Jayhawk package.

cheers

Jaeger

post-37585-010038400 1296934741_thumb.jp

Hello SimFans.

I have the Huey X and am anxious to control the very satisfied. For I have a big problem. Although we do not even control the skin. I fly mainly with mouse and keyboard. Now I want it to control the helicopter, but what is not, or even corrupted.

First, move the control units such as pedals and stick and when I did not the helicopter left, right ... etc. will move complete blocks the entire control.

Hope you can help me please .... else am desperate.

P.S: Sorry for my bad english!

• Aerosoft

I get 'unregistered version box' around the helicopter on any external view, in sim, when editing textures.

However it goes away when going back to the Menu screen viewer, which unfortunately is not very good for using to view changes.

The 'box' also blocks external viewer programs like FS Repainter and FSX Model Viewer.

I seen this myself now. I promise we'll be looking into this early this week.

• Aerosoft

Hello SimFans.

I have the Huey X and am anxious to control the very satisfied. For I have a big problem. Although we do not even control the skin. I fly mainly with mouse and keyboard. Now I want it to control the helicopter, but what is not, or even corrupted.

First, move the control units such as pedals and stick and when I did not the helicopter left, right ... etc. will move complete blocks the entire control.

Hope you can help me please .... else am desperate.

P.S: Sorry for my bad english!

I think there is enough reply to your similar question in the German forum. Basically it's simple, the product needs control hardware and this is well explained on the product page (section System requirements).

• Aerosoft

We got an idea on that... The box is removed by code and that code might only be loaded in VC mode. So if you start up in external view it could be this fails. We seen similar issues with other projects.

Hi all, im also with nonworking pedals. As exactly told Diego93 in the post #106, the pedals aren't working.

Doesn't move inside the cockpit.

In the air it turns softly to the right and if I press left pedal it doesnt turns to any side.

With the engine stopped I can see a really little blade-pitch variation on the tailrotor when moving the pedals. Seems that is locked!

Im really angry because this chopper looks great, and is not so bad FPS-running. Anyway I won't buy a pedaless helo. sad.gif

BTW, I've uninstalled this product, keeping the aircraft file in Simobjects/Rotorcraft. The problem is still here...

• Aerosoft

Hi all, im also with nonworking pedals. As exactly told Diego93 in the post #106, the pedals aren't working.

Doesn't move inside the cockpit.

In the air it turns softly to the right and if I press left pedal it doesnt turns to any side.

With the engine stopped I can see a really little blade-pitch variation on the tailrotor when moving the pedals. Seems that is locked!

Im really angry because this chopper looks great, and is not so bad FPS-running. Anyway I won't buy a pedaless helo. sad.gif

BTW, I've uninstalled this product, keeping the aircraft file in Simobjects/Rotorcraft. The problem is still here...

If you uninstalled the product and still fly it I am not very surprised that things do not work. There is a lot of code needed to make this work and if you only use a part of it do not blame us if it does not work okay? I am also sorry you are angry because the helicopter looks great and is 'not so bad' fps running (think that is a understatement, we challenge you to find any chopper with the same polygon count that is as fast). But seriously. This product is, as the product page explains, expecting all of the joystick axes to arrive in FSX as Microsoft intended and as the SDK's define it. On your system this is obviously not the case. Could be you use FSUPC for some axes and there is a lot of help on this forum to help with that.

Also it might be that you got one of the system settings incorrect, there are a few that could cause the tail rotor to be slow and lacking. Do follow the checklists fully to be sure it's not a switch set incorrectly that caused the problems. We have had 4 people so far complaining about this issue who kindly requested us to remove their post, lol.

• Upvote 2

Heli3, this afternoon we had a meeting with 12 dedicated helicopter pilots and all of use intended to fly the Huey X.

On 10 systems it worked as expexcted, on one system the user followed a weird guide on the internets and set up FSUIPC (how could we do without) to handke sticks. We removed those parts and the Huey X worked fine, And all his other aircraft as well, he did not fully rememeber why he changed all that. That left one system with problems. As the others flew the mission he went back to a virgin FSX.cfg and deleted three dll's from the dll.xml (two nobody ever heard about). He was about 45 minutes behind the others but all worked.

Goes to show what I akways said, so many problems are cause by following silly guides on the internets.

• Upvote 2

If you uninstalled the product and still fly it I am not very surprised that things do not work. There is a lot of code needed to make this work and if you only use a part of it do not blame us if it does not work okay? I am also sorry you are angry because the helicopter looks great and is 'not so bad' fps running (think that is a understatement, we challenge you to find any chopper with the same polygon count that is as fast). But seriously. This product is, as the product page explains, expecting all of the joystick axes to arrive in FSX as Microsoft intended and as the SDK's define it. On your system this is obviously not the case. Could be you use FSUPC for some axes and there is a lot of help on this forum to help with that.

Also it might be that you got one of the system settings incorrect, there are a few that could cause the tail rotor to be slow and lacking. Do follow the checklists fully to be sure it's not a switch set incorrectly that caused the problems. We have had 4 people so far complaining about this issue who kindly requested us to remove their post, lol.

Sorry, you don't understood me, maybe I explained wrong.

First of all, I installed the heli as should be, and of course with the pedals not working. (BTW, also had the "blackbox" problem in external view)

Then I uninstalled the chopper just keeping the aircraft folder as I told to check if the pedals are already right, but no.

And of course, all the other aircraft im using in FSX doesn't have this problem.

Ok, now I have problems too with your licenser. I made a repaint with a texture template from Tim (SA71). After starting FSX i get the cube with " unlicensed version. The Aerosoft Launcher says it´s activated. Whats going on? The view changes between cube and no cube every 1 sec.

In Aircraft change menu this effect is on, when I change the daytime.

hueyx1jgr7ft0hw6.jpg

hueyx2t3f1kz85wy.jpg

• Deputy Sheriffs

I too had the problem with the "Unregistered" box/crate. For me, it was just after adding the english cockpit markings files. As noted in a couple of posts, rebooting cleared the issue. I did not need to bother Aerosoft Launcher to clear the issue.

It sounds as if there might be two variations of this, a steady box and an on-and-off again box alternating every second or so. I had the latter.

Hello,

I posted on 1 Feb about an activation issue, the message "Unlicensed Version Please Activate the Product." This appeared on the windscreen of the Virtual Cockpit view. Installation and activation appeared normal, and I could fly the Huey from the "Spot" outside view. If I panned down to the instruments in the VC view, they were functional, but no view out the windscreen, only the "Activate" message was the view.

Per my first post, I did send an email, and Aerosoft sent me "bell_panel.rar" to unzip and replace the existing panel. I am not comfortable nor familiar with this procedure, and chose not to do it. I feel this product should work without digging deep into files I am not familiar with. I did uninstall via the Aerosoft Launcher, and reinstalled, activated, and updated the Huey. I have the same results, the "Unlicensed Version Please Activate the Product" message on the windscreen.

I have been waiting for two and a half years for this product, and am extremely disappointed. I have fifteen Aerosoft products, including scenery and aircraft, and numerous Megascenery products, and have had no major issues with any of these add-ons.

This latest product that I have waited for for two and a half years is useless to me. I have read of similar problems on your forum. Is any solution in the works, or will you be offering refunds?

Thank you,

Howie

I too had the problem with the "Unregistered" box/crate. For me, it was just after adding the english cockpit markings files. As noted in a couple of posts, rebooting cleared the issue. I did not need to bother Aerosoft Launcher to clear the issue.

It sounds as if there might be two variations of this, a steady box and an on-and-off again box alternating every second or so. I had the latter.

I had the alternating box too....This happend when i change from the camouflage huey to 1 of the white one's..i changed back to the camouflage huey and the prob was gone.Then i changed back to the white one and all was well...no probs since.

Hello Howie,

Its not to difficult once you know how but thats what a brain surgeon can say too :)

When you decompress the file do you get a Panel folder with various files inside, as these files only need go into the Panel folder of the Huey.

This folder can be found in the Microsoft Flight Simulator x/Simobjects/Rotorcraft/ Aerosoft_Bell UH1D folder.

In there is a Panel folder open that and check its contents, then copy the files you were sent into that folder and allow it to overwrite, if unsure make a backup of the original panel folder first.